New LRTS on the Seekins 6.5 PRC

270quest

WKR
LRTS replaced a 3-10x NF SHV, as I wanted something with exposed turrets and FFP....Will put it through the paces this weekend, but right off the bat initial thoughts are its a hell of a lot of scope for the 1k price range - its an absolute steal at the $599 cameraland is selling these things.

Just a touch over 9 pounds as pictured. Well get some butler creeks for it tomorrow....139 scenars are ready to put this new scope to the test...

IMG-6086.jpg

IMG-6087.jpg

Mine rides on a 22lr nowadays and the turrets get cranked a lot. Almost a case of cci standard velocity have gone down the tube since it got mounted. Hasn’t missed a lick.

wish it had a wee bit more travel at times. Not stoked on the weight but in mid weight rifle where the nearly half pound weight penalty over swfa 3-9 isn’t so important it’s a no brainer really.

Had moffats 4.5-18 lrhsi and that thing got its nuts wrung out over the summer and it passed with flying colours too

3 for 3 on bushnell lrhs-lrts being good to go.

this is tangential but this fall my buddy came over from New Zealand for a month of hunting and we swapped out 4.5-18, 3-12, swfa 3-9 and swfa 6x at the range plinking before we got going.

Ultimately it was neck and neck 3-12 vs 3-9 swfa but we both agreed the slightly smaller form factor and weight got the swfa the nod on the fieldcraft.

USMC-40

WKR
Mine rides on a 22lr nowadays and the turrets get cranked a lot. Almost a case of cci standard velocity have gone down the tube since it got mounted. Hasn’t missed a lick.

wish it had a wee bit more travel at times. Not stoked on the weight but in mid weight rifle where the nearly half pound weight penalty over swfa 3-9 isn’t so important it’s a no brainer really.

Had moffats 4.5-18 lrhsi and that thing got its nuts wrung out over the summer and it passed with flying colours too

3 for 3 on bushnell lrhs-lrts being good to go.

this is tangential but this fall my buddy came over from New Zealand for a month of hunting and we swapped out 4.5-18, 3-12, swfa 3-9 and swfa 6x at the range plinking before we got going.

Ultimately it was neck and neck 3-12 vs 3-9 swfa but we both agreed the slightly smaller form factor and weight got the swfa the nod on the fieldcraft.

but the SWFA 3-9 doesn’t have dialable (I think I made that word up) turrets, does it?

LRTS replaced a 3-10x NF SHV, as I wanted something with exposed turrets and FFP....Will put it through the paces this weekend, but right off the bat initial thoughts are its a hell of a lot of scope for the 1k price range - its an absolute steal at the $599 cameraland is selling these things.

Just a touch over 9 pounds as pictured. Well get some butler creeks for it tomorrow....139 scenars are ready to put this new scope to the test...

IMG-6086.jpg

IMG-6087.jpg
that's a really sweet rig! the Seekins rifles are my favorite looking rifles in production, I will own one in the somewhat near future. that's an awesome setup