New Mathew's Traverse

Weather was not great today so I just went out and shot over the chrono then left.
At 27.5" draw pulling 61lbs with a 460gr arrow it is shooting 255 fps.

Looks like my new set of arrows will stay around the same weight, as trying to jump weight up to 500 or so will drop my speed down quite a bit. Damn short draw length!

Having a set of rampages done up with 125gr tip, pin nocks, and 4 fletch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TJfromTX

FNG
So glad to be hearing about all this Mathews awesomeness, currently in the process of selling my Hoyt to pick up a Vertix. Shot experience was amazing.

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR
So glad to be hearing about all this Mathews awesomeness, currently in the process of selling my Hoyt to pick up a Vertix. Shot experience was amazing.
Vertix was really nice too. It was just about a tossup between the two, but I went for the Traverse as the string angle felt really good at my 29" draw.

Bigwoods any updates on your setup? Feel like we hijacked your thread for our own bows.

I'm liking this now more every day. I've Robin hooded an arrow once but never a fletching.
939ddbb6d388e944c17e9811d3d3d1b4.jpg

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR
Nah, I wouldn't call that a hijacked...more like finding another guy whose really enjoying his new bow.

Shot it through paper today and I think it looks good...IMG_20190309_165042.jpg
Then I went outside to stretch it out a little bit. This was my third or so set at 30yds.
IMG_20190309_171641.jpg
I went back to 40yds after that but my hands were getting cold and I was getting fatigued, so I didn't bother taking a picture of that.

I'm hoping to give it another go at 40yds and maybe more next time it's around 32° or better out.

Nice! I'll be doing the same on paper with mine next week when the new arrows are done.

Nah, I wouldn't call that a hijacked...more like finding another guy whose really enjoying his new bow.

Shot it through paper today and I think it looks good...View attachment 91373
Then I went outside to stretch it out a little bit. This was my third or so set at 30yds.
View attachment 91375
I went back to 40yds after that but my hands were getting cold and I was getting fatigued, so I didn't bother taking a picture of that.

I'm hoping to give it another go at 40yds and maybe more next time it's around 32° or better out.
What size is your target? I like that yellow center with the extra room for those stray arrows.

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR
What size is your target? I like that yellow center with the extra room for those stray arrows.

The total width of the black area is 24" and the yellow cube in the middle is 10x10x10. The center can be rotated and shot on all sides, then replaced for $50 once it's shot out.

Arrow pull has been pretty doable, especially once it gets a few hits in it.

Its made by 365 Archery out of Minnesota.

I looked it up briefly earlier, I'm assuming it's good for broadheads to?

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR
I looked it up briefly earlier, I'm assuming it's good for broadheads to?

They are supposed to be good with broadheads. I haven't personally shot any into it yet, but that will be changing soon enough...
IMG_20190309_135236.jpg
The guy I spoke with at 365 (who was extremely helpful) actually suggested hitting it with broadheads to make arrow pull easier if needed. He also suggested that you could get a separate core just for broadheads...seems reasonable.

jestanw1

FNG
How do you know what you need up front and back? I have an Elite Energy 35 with a Black Gold Ascent Slider and TightSpot Quiver. I tried the Bee stinger Microhex Counter Slider, but it doesn’t actually balance my bow. I have tried all kinds of weight changes and sliding it back and forth.

Any help would be appreciated. Are you looking for perfect balance at full draw? Is this even possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is something called the Dead Center Pro Bow balancer that allows you to try and balance your bow, It is pricey though for something that I think is unnecessary. The way you grip your bow and also being at full draw with different push / pull forces on the bow has a lot of influence on the balance of the whole system and this balance tool doesn't take that into account. That is my thoughts about it but I know others who swear by it.

As far as knowing how much to put on front and back bar an easy start to get you close is to take the length of your front bar and multiply that by the weight you have on it, for example a 12 inch bar with 3 ounces out front, so that measure would be 36. Then you divide that measure by the length of your back bar, lets say an 8 inch bar, and you get 4.5. So you would start with a 12 inch front bar with 3 oz and an 8 inch back bar with 4.5 oz. This will get you close and then the rest you can mess with by feel.

There is something called the Dead Center Pro Bow balancer that allows you to try and balance your bow, It is pricey though for something that I think is unnecessary. The way you grip your bow and also being at full draw with different push / pull forces on the bow has a lot of influence on the balance of the whole system and this balance tool doesn't take that into account. That is my thoughts about it but I know others who swear by it.

As far as knowing how much to put on front and back bar an easy start to get you close is to take the length of your front bar and multiply that by the weight you have on it, for example a 12 inch bar with 3 ounces out front, so that measure would be 36. Then you divide that measure by the length of your back bar, lets say an 8 inch bar, and you get 4.5. So you would start with a 12 inch front bar with 3 oz and an 8 inch back bar with 4.5 oz. This will get you close and then the rest you can mess with by feel.

This is soooo helpful. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tunafed

FNG
Finally had the opportunity to stretch mine out to 40 today. Took a couple groups to warm up then shot this one on my 3rd. Really liking this bow.
01b34586b453fd18eb88bf0b5b3d8c70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Finally had the opportunity to stretch mine out to 40 today. Took a couple groups to warm up then shot this one on my 3rd. Really liking this bow.

Well I'm just going to stop posting groups now..... Haha. Good shooting bud

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR

What's that green stuff on the ground...haven't seen any of that since October.

Great shooting!

tunafed

FNG
Thanks guys! In all honesty while all the shots felt good I wasnt expecting it to be that tight. Had to walk back and grab my phone for a pic lol.

Not sure what the green stuff is either to be honest. I live in the Mojave desert so its definitely a foriegn substance...

I just got some extra weights in today. Gotta get a couple longer screws and I'll start messing with balance.

Starting with 6oz on the side with the idea that 5 in the quiver plus the quiver weighs about that much. Maybe that's good thinking, maybe not, who knows.

Will report back on that in a day or two.

Last edited: