New Maven Binoculars B1.2 and B6

schmalzy

WKR
I just looked through the b6 12x50 at a hunters expo. Very impressive, very handy. Regretting not buying them now at they were 10% at the show. I’ve never looked through 12x50 el’s, but they seemed every bit as “clear” as the Slc’s over used and felt better in hand.

Granted I couldn’t test outside, but looking into the corners of a large convention center I was able to look into darker areas well.

I may give these a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slamdmini

FNG
i just got my b1.2 today. i dont have b1 to compare side x side, but i did demo some b1 a few weeks ago, and these are noticeably lighter and more compact. i think im really gonna like them. ive got an archery hunt in 2 weeks so ill really be able to use them then

Sled

WKR
I spent the day fumbling around the continental divide looking for a dumb elk with the 8x B1 that are my wife's. When I got home the b1.2 had arrived early.
Definitely an upgrade because when she looked through them she said "what wow", and I no doubt made the right choice selling my SLCs for these.

One more review like this might be enough to lighten my wallet a bit.

I had respect for the slcs but couldn't justify the price.

I saw the b1.2 and b6 at the cameo facility expo on thursday. They are phenomenal at the price point and i feel ike ive owned and played with basically all binos except leicas which i have no experience with. These new mavens are ergonomically and optically a lot better then meostars. The edges and field of view is very hard to beat. I couldn't believe how bright they were. I doubt anyone will be disappointed with them and especially since they have a no fault warranty and a 3 week turn around from what ive heard.

schmalzy

WKR
They are not as good as the el by any means. For sub 1500$ bino they are the best I’ve seen though.

I should have clarified better; didn’t mean to insinuate it was an apples to apples match up. But for a third of the price I’d really like to see just how much better the ELs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt G.

WKR
I love my meostars and now this has me curious...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

tdbaugha

FNG
Got my B1.2 10x42’s yesterday and spent an hour with them tonight at sunset. There’s 20-40 deer that come out to feed every night 500-600 yards from my house. Tonight I watched a group of bucks from 40 minutes before sunset till 20 minutes after sunset. I could count the points on the bucks till I went inside. Amazing. Never used any optics this good. Thrilled.

Hoodie

WKR
I love my meostars and now this has me curious...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

The 12x50 Meostar HD is one of the best binos I've ever owned. The eye relief is a little short for me so I ended up selling mine.

I have the B6 12x50 now.

The Meopta has better chromatic aberration control. I think the Meostar controls CA better than anything in its price class. The Mavens are definitely a little brighter. Center resolution is pretty much a wash and so is sweet spot size.

The B6 is definitely way lighter and handier.

They're both great optics. I'd say if a guy was super sensitive to CA and didn't mind the weight, lean towards the Meostar. If not, the Mavens are pretty sweet.

B1.2 showed up today. Took them out scouting for bucks on the ranch for opening weekend. The reduced size and weight is super noticeable, feel much lighter and more comfortable in the hands than the B1’s. I don’t have my b1’s anymore to compare them side to side but they seem to be a bit brighter to me. Super clear and crisp! Focus knob is easier to move on these ones over my b1’s. Twilight resolution is great, I didn’t throw it on optic chart or anything but I had no problem looking at bucks until it got dark.

sndmn11

WKR
The 8x B.1.2 arrived to replace @KickinNDishin 's B1 8x. I think I am in trouble with spotting the most animals because she said they were crisper than she thought was possible and she missed most of the dinner I cooked because she was on the porch with her tripod looking at the world.

Sled

WKR
The 8x B.1.2 arrived to replace @KickinNDishin 's B1 8x. I think I am in trouble with spotting the most animals because she said they were crisper than she thought was possible and she missed most of the dinner I cooked because she was on the porch with her tripod looking at the world.

Is Maven paying you to empty my pockets?