New Maven Binoculars B1.2 and B6

Buelrdr29

FNG
I have meopta 15x56 and want to downsize. Anyone get the b6 10x50 and have any thoughts on it? Would it be a good middle of the road bino for sitting and glassing and on the move opposed to a 10x42 b1.2?
Maven has their 10x56 on clearance. $700 on their webiste. I am going to get B 1.2s for my wife when available for custom shop.

Levi8599

Lil-Rokslider
Maven has their 10x56 on clearance. $700 on their webiste. I am going to get B 1.2s for my wife when available for custom shop.
Ya saw those. Was wanting something smaller though. Maybe the 10x42 is the way to go and get a spotter as well.

DrewskiMT

FNG
I'm excited to hear more input on the B6. I currently use 10x42 Conquest HDs and am very happy with them besides the low light performance. In last 30 minutes of light I often find myself leaving the binos on my tripod and looking with my bare eyes because of lack of light transmission. The 10x50 B6 has similar FOV as the Zeiss and only 2oz heavier. I imagine it would not be a night and day difference like true Alpha glass, but any improvement would be welcome without stepping multiple price classes higher.

GPO PASSION ED BINOCULARS (10X56ED)​

$499

bikerider

FNG
Just got the B6 10x50 on Friday. I have the 10x50 C3's and decided to upgrade. Nothing wrong with C3's, used them on a successful Utah deer hunt last year and they were great in low light viewing early in the morning and late afternoon. I have also demoe'd the B2 11x's and they gave me a headache so I returned. To my amateur eyes, there is only a slight optical advantage to the B6's over the C3's. However, the F&F and FOV are much better on the B6's. I have only used them in the city so will run them through the paces, archery hunting this week and report back.

Attachments

• IMG_3483.jpeg
    IMG_3483.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 83

Dirtriding4life

Lil-Rokslider

GPO PASSION ED BINOCULARS (10X56ED)​

$499

Thats a hell of a deal on those. I wouldn‘t be able to complain about low light anymore but my weight weenie side might start to show.

I‘ve got a hunt coming mid September that I plan to demo some Maven 15x56 to try the big glass and maybe in the future pair it with an 8x30 if I like em. Doesn’t solve my low light or weight weenie issues but I hope the effective glassing at distances over a mile in reasonable light would be improved.

Really, I should just stick with my solid 10x42s and quit chasing something better. Maybe pair them with a Kowa 554 for closer looks and from then on spend money on tags.

DrewskiMT

FNG
Thats a hell of a deal on those. I wouldn‘t be able to complain about low light anymore but my weight weenie side might start to show.

I‘ve got a hunt coming mid September that I plan to demo some Maven 15x56 to try the big glass and maybe in the future pair it with an 8x30 if I like em. Doesn’t solve my low light or weight weenie issues but I hope the effective glassing at distances over a mile in reasonable light would be improved.

Really, I should just stick with my solid 10x42s and quit chasing something better. Maybe pair them with a Kowa 554 for closer looks and from then on spend money on tags.
I love my B5 18x56s… hard to fire up the cyclops eyed spotter….

I’d say those new B6 10x50s might be your next move. That or used Zeiss HT glass.

DrewskiMT

FNG

I can't PM yet, total rookie move, so I'll post this here for the benefit of you and all the Roksliders...

Zeiss HT 10x42 for
$1400

https://www.birdforum.net/threads/zeiss-ht-10x42-for-sale-1400.413342/

11x45 Sig Zulu9 for $500 shipped.
My girlfriend (paid $666 on clearance) has them for longer range work... speed goats, coulee Mulees. Smoking deal. Built like a tank, Thin focal plane though, FYI. Fantastic beater/truck binos. Also before you click on over there, the seller super glued the plastic tripod insert into them "cause it kept unscrewing"... face palm.

https://www.birdforum.net/threads/usa-sig-sauer-zulu9-11x45-hdx-binocular.413373/

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
There’s a few of the black B1.2’s in 10x42s in stock now with more coming next week. I put my order in.

Buelrdr29

FNG
There’s a few of the black B1.2’s in 10x42s in stock now with more coming next week. I put my order in.
Dang. Ordered a custom shop pair for my wife. She did not want the grey and orange but would have taken black. Hopefully the custom order come is quickly, because I want to borrow them for my hunting. hahaha

boxx

Lil-Rokslider
Maven's site is still showing the 1.2's being sold out. Does anyone have any idea when they are getting restocking?

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a pair of B1.2 in 10x42 for a week now so here is my preliminary opinion: these are amazing. Now granted, this is my first high end pair of binoculars, but I find absolutely nothing to find fault in. The build quality seems excellent; the eye cups have crisp adjustments, there's no slack in the zoom knob, and the diopter ring has stayed put. The other pair of binoculars on my short list in this price range was the Zeiss Conquests and these Mavens feel better in the hand.

Comparing the view to my pair of C.1 in 8x42 that I've used for the last year, these are superior in every way. I've gone from having a distinct looking through a tube view with the C1s (yet still good for the money), to a very immersive view thanks to the wide FOV with excellent edge-to-edge clarity. The depth of field is much greater on these also. I've done some pre-dawn and post-sunset viewing and in both situations the B1.2 had no issue picking out detail at distance in low light. There's also plenty of eye relief for an eye glass wearer like myself.

I'm heading out to WY for antelope in a little over a week, so I'll update this if I find something to criticize them about, but so far I'm very happy with my decision to get these.

Last edited:

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Customer service said 8x42s tomorrow possibly. Then more later this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medic77

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I have had the new 10x42's and the 10x50's in my cart 20 different times but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. I have the B1 8x42 and can't make up my mind for a western/tripod bino.

sndmn11

WKR
Man, I have had the new 10x42's and the 10x50's in my cart 20 different times but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. I have the B1 8x42 and can't make up my mind for a western/tripod bino.
My wife ran with the 8x42 b1s with great success, she has the 8x b1.2 now and I'm straight up jealous. I like it a lot more than my 10x b1.2 and think the 8x is the sweet spot for this model. SOOOOO sharp and relaxing.

Medic77

Lil-Rokslider
My wife ran with the 8x42 b1s with great success, she has the 8x b1.2 now and I'm straight up jealous. I like it a lot more than my 10x b1.2 and think the 8x is the sweet spot for this model. SOOOOO sharp and relaxing.
Gotcha. I love my 8x42 for whitetail hunting Missouri especially. They've been west several times and did great but just want to try something else too

I ordered the 10x42 and 10x50. Has anyone tried the 10x50? Not sure which I’ll keep but couldn’t resist. I like the b2 9’s optically as good as the el’s I’ve ran for years just couldn’t get used to the bulk. Maybe my eyes arnt good enough to see the swaro difference.

bikerider

FNG
I ordered the 10x42 and 10x50. Has anyone tried the 10x50? Not sure which I’ll keep but couldn’t resist. I like the b2 9’s optically as good as the el’s I’ve ran for years just couldn’t get used to the bulk. Maybe my eyes arnt good enough to see the swaro difference.
I have the B6 10X50's . They are great in every aspect. I think they weigh about 4 oz heavier than the B2's which is there only drawback. If you can hold them steady enough, the B2's are probably sufficient for any hunting situation.

Attachments

• IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 70

flywilks

FNG
I thought I'd pass along that I've been using my new B1.2 10x42 for the last week and am very pleased. Strongly recommend. Huge upgrade from C series 8x42 that I had been using. Way better than the Razors and Nikon HD to my eye.

Somewhat conflicted if I should have stuck with 8x42, I'm not the steadiest, but the 10x42 are overall fantastic for my cost/benefit

Now I'm eyeing a Kowa 553 in the classifieds...

And just FYI, I talked with Maven before my purchase and they are selling strongly, so I was advised to just keep refreshing until available.