New Maven Binoculars B1.2 and B6

Had a Maven B2 9x45 - it was a solid binocular in every way. Main shortcomings were size, weight and overall image brightness. It was a big/heavy beast, but appeared to have good build quality. Never understood why it was not brighter. After all, it had Abbe Koenig Prisms and due to the size, I’m certain it had quite a few lens elements.

Really hoping for some good things from the new B1.2 and B6. The good news is it appears they listened to customer feedback about size, weight and FOV. However, learned long ago that spec sheet improvements don’t tell the whole story. Will wait to get my hands on them to actually review side-by-side with others.

But out-of-the-gate this is great news for Maven fans. A smaller, lighter and optically enhanced B1 may be just the ticket in the now highly competitive “sub-Alpha” category.

Good for Maven.

Sled

WKR
I wish they had a 10x version of the b2
for whatever reason i've always found the 9x of the b2 to be more than advertised. maybe it's my eyes but next to 10x slc's and a couple vipers i found the magnification to exceed the 9x stated on the b2's. if it wasn't for the weight and size i'd have the b2's. as it is, i continually go back to my 8x30 b3's. that doesn't mean i'm not interested in these new b1.2's though.

sndmn11

WKR
I sold my SLCs to pick up the B.1.2 and wasn't aware that the B.6 was coming. Now I am on the fence which to choose and haven't ordered anything yet.

I’ve been wanting to get a pair of b1s for a while and can probably swing it with the sale price. But my question is do you guys think these new releases will have a people wanting to ditch their b1s and upgrade? or should I just jump on the sale

Hoodie

WKR
I ordered a B6 12x50 yesterday. I've been waiting for a long time for a 12x50 with good eye relief that costs less than an EL and doesn't weigh a ton.

Will report back when it comes in and I get a chance to throw it on a tripod.

sndmn11

WKR
I ordered a B6 12x50 yesterday. I've been waiting for a long time for a 12x50 with good eye relief that costs less than an EL and doesn't weigh a ton.

Will report back when it comes in and I get a chance to throw it on a tripod.
I went with the B.1.2 in 10x a few minutes ago. Should be a good comparison between the other B series we have in the family. I wanted to do the B6 12x, but it would have been too tall for my AGC harness and I had spent the past weekend with my wife's 8x B1 and Dad's 10x B1 looking for phorn and trying to decide if the 8x would serve me best...so I don't know why I was considering the 12x.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the C1's but decided to step it up to the $1000 range of binos. The B1.2 10x42's 362 ft FOV makes me VERY interested. I was set to pull the trigger on a pair of Zeiss Conquest's, but now I might have to wait and see what people say once they check these out.

sndmn11

WKR
I've been using the C1's but decided to step it up to the $1000 range of binos. The B1.2 10x42's 362 ft FOV makes me VERY interested. I was set to pull the trigger on a pair of Zeiss Conquest's, but now I might have to wait and see what people say once they check these out.
I would buy them now and take a tripod and adapters to whatever store local to you that has the Zeiss and play optics evaluator guy. I genuinely sold my SLCs to get these B.1.2s based on knowing what the standard B1s bring to the table. I can't imagine they will disappoint, but you won't know what they are like to your eyes without having them in hand.

Sled

WKR
I would buy them now and take a tripod and adapters to whatever store local to you that has the Zeiss and play optics evaluator guy. I genuinely sold my SLCs to get these B.1.2s based on knowing what the standard B1s bring to the table. I can't imagine they will disappoint, but you won't know what they are like to your eyes without having them in hand.

That's a pretty strong endorsement. Should the b1.2 significantly best the tract toric in low light? The SLC sure seemed to.

tdbaugha

FNG
Just about to pick up some Leica Trinovid HD 10x42’s and see these B1.2’s tonight. So which should I get?!?!?

for whatever reason i've always found the 9x of the b2 to be more than advertised. maybe it's my eyes but next to 10x slc's and a couple vipers i found the magnification to exceed the 9x stated on the b2's. if it wasn't for the weight and size i'd have the b2's. as it is, i continually go back to my 8x30 b3's. that doesn't mean i'm not interested in these new b1.2's though.

Haha yeah... I can only tell a very very minor difference between the some vortex 10xs I have and my b2 9x. It's just the numbers thing. If the b1.2 or b6 can beat the b2, I'd love to have some just to save a little weight and size

Firehawk

WKR
My B2 9x45 are terrific. Compared side x side with my buddy's Swaro SLC and they compare very favorably. I did feel as though the 9x45 was brighter, but the SLC was slightly better looking into the shadows. Not sure if that was the 10x vs 9x, or just that they were better, but they were very close. Another buddy has the 11x45 B2 and bought a Swaro SLC 10x42 to compare. He returned the SLCs as he didn't think that the price difference was worth it, although he preferred the size of the SLCs.

I reached out regarding the new B1.2 as I am attracted to the size and weight of them vs my B2. Although I have never really noticed the weight of the B2, the bulkier size does require a different harness. But Maven said that the only real reason to move would be for the size and weight. Optically they felt the B2 was still better due to the prism system they run. But that they would be very close now with the new B1.2 prism.

My B2 9x45 are terrific. Compared side x side with my buddy's Swaro SLC and they compare very favorably. I did feel as though the 9x45 was brighter, but the SLC was slightly better looking into the shadows. Not sure if that was the 10x vs 9x, or just that they were better, but they were very close. Another buddy has the 11x45 B2 and bought a Swaro SLC 10x42 to compare. He returned the SLCs as he didn't think that the price difference was worth it, although he preferred the size of the SLCs.

I reached out regarding the new B1.2 as I am attracted to the size and weight of them vs my B2. Although I have never really noticed the weight of the B2, the bulkier size does require a different harness. But Maven said that the only real reason to move would be for the size and weight. Optically they felt the B2 was still better due to the prism system they run. But that they would be very close now with the new B1.2 prism.

Did you happen to ask their opinion on the b6 vs the b2?

Hoodie

WKR
Just spent a half hour looking through the B6 12x50 at a local overlook. Was able to check out some cattle and sheep at a mile to a mile and a half.

Solid binocular. I couldn't compare the two side by side, but from very recent memory I don't see it giving up much to the 11x45 B2.

Big sweet spot. I was able to clear up the edges with a slight rotation of the focus wheel, so more field curvature than astigmatism. CA was present towards the edge of the FOV but not distracting or excessive by any means. I think Maven's color rendition is about as neutral as it gets and the B6 is no exception.

Even though it's only 3oz lighter than the B2 it feels like a bigger difference than that. It's handy for a 12x50. Looking forward to scouting with it over the next couple weeks.

I can't compare ergos/weight to the original B1 because I've never had my hands on one, but this thing feels like a feather compared to say, a Meostar. I think people who pick one up will be pleased.