New Meateater episodes dropped on Netflix.

Looks like 5 new episodes. Mountain goat and pronghorn with Luke Combs looks cool. Nice treat right before October 1st archery.

oh…and to get out ahead of the haters…

- Rinella is a corporate shill, sell out, etc.
- he fakes his hunts and flies in and out of the woods in a helicopter while staying at the four seasons
- they CGI Cal’s mustache to make it extra sexy
- blah, blah, hate, hate, blah, blah

Last edited:
OP
Desk Jockey
thanks for the heads up, will definitely tune in

I wish he'd write another book along the lines of American Buffalo, that was one of the most entertaining and interesting books I've read in a long time
Agree. I read it a while back and it was one of the things that put me in his fan camp. Recently, I picked up the audio version (now voiced by Rinella) and really enjoyed it the second time around.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read the book right before we did a backcountry bison hunt, the timing was perfect!

SSlsPfF.jpg

ODB

WKR
thanks for the heads up, will definitely tune in

I wish he'd write another book along the lines of American Buffalo, that was one of the most entertaining and interesting books I've read in a long time

Agree. Sadly, I think the ship has sailed on ever getting something like that again. It’s not a Meateater thing, it’s a writer thing. It’s very hard to return to form after having stopped for so long.

I’ll be watching the shows this week. I’m curious if they are doing three parts this year.

ChrisAU

WKR
Agree. Sadly, I think the ship has sailed on ever getting something like that again. It’s not a Meateater thing, it’s a writer thing. It’s very hard to return to form after having stopped for so long.

I’ll be watching the shows this week. I’m curious if they are doing three parts this year.

They are doing two parts, like last season 5 episodes each.

zacattack

WKR
I’ve been home all day so binged all the episodes. The mountain goat and small animal were entertaining.
I was really excited about the pronghorn but thought it was pretty meh.

OP
Desk Jockey
I looked thru the descriptions. In fairness it seems like more private land stuff. I imagine that is in part because he has a bigger job than we he was just the star of a small scale TV production in the early meateater days. I will watch but I miss the old rinella up to his balls in New Zealand run off streams. I guess nothing stays the same…

Finch

WKR
My 4 and 8 year old love Meateater. Honestly, I don't mind either and overall like Rinella. Not sure what all the hate is about but I'm not current on all his business affairs either.

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
I'll watch just to see his frustration with all the new pressure in the units he's hunting. Hilarious and sad all at the same time to see him destroy the thing his loves most with all his influence and greed. Keep eating it up guys!

def90

WKR
I wish one of these TV or Youtube guys would come out to Colorado some time and hunt unit 38, probably the most pressured unit in Colorado and see how they do.. lol

Scorpion

WKR
The mountain goat hunt was a good episode.

Kurt Racicot of Stone Glacier was with him. Dude is as legit as they come.