New member from south-western France

Hello there, my name is Vincent, and I am a bowhunter from France.
Here I hunt mostly Roe deer, and occasionally wild boars. I love mountain game when I get a chance, but I need to travel because I don't live in the mountains.
I am planning my first elk hunt hopefully this year, and I am also planning a Red stag hunt in our Pyrenees mountains (close to the border with Spain).
I discovered Rokslide while doing online searches about elk/western hunting. I often visited and read the threads as a guest, and decided it was time to register as a member.
I am 100% a bowhunter only. I use both compound and traditional bows, depending on the circumstances and my mood :)

Attachments

• IMG_7632.JPG
    IMG_7632.JPG
    416.6 KB · Views: 37

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Northpark

WKR
Welcome. I’m always curious about other countries hunting cultures. Someday I’d like to try a hunt in Europe somewhere.

OP
Snow Panther
Welcome. I’m always curious about other countries hunting cultures. Someday I’d like to try a hunt in Europe somewhere.
In France, the big game hunting culture is very very very different than in the US for the most part.
While in the US most big game hunting is an individual thing, with a stealthy approach as in spot & stalk, still hunting or treestand sitting, without dogs, in France most big game hunting is done by groups of hunters doing drives with hounds in a very noisy way to push game towards the shooters.
Only a minority of big game hunting is done by individual/solo hunters in spot and stalk or still hunting. There are some exceptions though, such as Summer season Roe buck only hunting (dogs not allowed, except blood dogs after the hunt, and no group/party hunting, only solo hunter) or chamois hunting in the mountains.

BriderLV

FNG
In France, the big game hunting culture is very very very different than in the US for the most part.
While in the US most big game hunting is an individual thing, with a stealthy approach as in spot & stalk, still hunting or treestand sitting, without dogs, in France most big game hunting is done by groups of hunters doing drives with hounds in a very noisy way to push game towards the shooters.
Only a minority of big game hunting is done by individual/solo hunters in spot and stalk or still hunting. There are some exceptions though, such as Summer season Roe buck only hunting (dogs not allowed, except blood dogs after the hunt, and no group/party hunting, only solo hunter) or chamois hunting in the mountains.
Welcome! Always interesting to learn about international hunting. I have visited the Cote d'Azur, I know that is the other side of France from you but it was awesome!