New Member From VA

kjd0323

FNG
Southwest VA. Long time lurker. Hoping to meet some good people / clubs and learn a little along the way.

Shupe88

WKR
What county y’all from? Grayson here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiRidge

FNG
I used to hunt in Grayson up around Elk Creek years ago. I mainly hunt in NC now.

OP
K

kjd0323

FNG
Yea we don't have much in terms of wmas. Any tips or clubs you know about? Would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah public sucks around here but I do know of a lot of guys with clubs and leases. If you wanna go east of the tracks, just about all the clubs run dogs but going west there are more stand hunting clubs. I’m not a member of any club, mainly hunt on small properties and family land when I’m not hunting in the mountains. Most hunting clubs/leases aren’t too terribly expensive and there are some big bucks around. It all really depends on what you like.

OP
K

kjd0323

FNG
Yeah public sucks around here but I do know of a lot of guys with clubs and leases. If you wanna go east of the tracks, just about all the clubs run dogs but going west there are more stand hunting clubs. I’m not a member of any club, mainly hunt on small properties and family land when I’m not hunting in the mountains. Most hunting clubs/leases aren’t too terribly expensive and there are some big bucks around. It all really depends on what you like.
I had considered national forest this year. And I have buddies who run dogs just not my thing for deer to be honest.

I had considered national forest this year. And I have buddies who run dogs just not my thing for deer to be honest.

I enjoy NF hunting but it is physically demanding without a lot of game. Good bear hunting though. The dog running isn’t exactly my thing either but to each his own and it’s tradition around here.

rcb2000

WKR
I'm up in the Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia, due to work.
Love getting out past 81 thought.

OXN939

WKR
I do a lot of hunting on National Forest Carroll.

Just went out to check out some of the Washington Jefferson National Forest last week. Cool terrain, looked like pretty low game densities. Anyone wanting to chat specifics, shoot me a PM

Shupe88

WKR
Just went out to check out some of the Washington Jefferson National Forest last week. Cool terrain, looked like pretty low game densities. Anyone wanting to chat specifics, shoot me a PM

Pm sent