New Member From VA

OP
K

kjd0323

FNG
Just went out to check out some of the Washington Jefferson National Forest last week. Cool terrain, looked like pretty low game densities. Anyone wanting to chat specifics, shoot me a PM
Can't send pm yet, but would like to know your thoughts

HiRidge

FNG
Shupe88 hope you don't mind me asking but what area of Grayson County are you from?

HiRidge

FNG
I fish a lot near Fries.I hunt North Carolina more now but I still hunt every year in Carroll Co. Usually at Crooked WMA if I'm hunting public. Where do you hunt in Carroll?

I didn't think there were but probably 50 people lived in Elk Creek area. Pretty country down there.

I'd like to see harvest season down there. It all seems interesting to me.

Shupe88

WKR
I fish a lot near Fries.I hunt North Carolina more now but I still hunt every year in Carroll Co. Usually at Crooked WMA if I'm hunting public. Where do you hunt in Carroll?

Around the Byllsbye and Brush creek area. I also fish around Fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shupe88

WKR
I didn't think there were but probably 50 people lived in Elk Creek area. Pretty country down there.

I'd like to see harvest season down there. It all seems interesting to me.

There is a few people. Yeah it’s a beautiful place.

HiRidge

FNG
Around the Byllsbye and Brush creek area. I also fish around Fries.

I grew up hunting in Brush Creek. Used to be full of people. Last time I went in there I was all alone. I would like to hunt up there more often but my wife freaks out when I go into the mountain by myself... afraid I'll get hurt and no phone reception. I fish Byllesby out of my boat and wade a lot around low water bridge in Fries.

Shupe88

WKR
I grew up hunting in Brush Creek. Used to be full of people. Last time I went in there I was all alone. I would like to hunt up there more often but my wife freaks out when I go into the mountain by myself... afraid I'll get hurt and no phone reception. I fish Byllesby out of my boat and wade a lot around low water bridge in Fries.

Yeah I don’t see anyone at all. Kinda nice! Tons of big bucks around. Just hard to kill. We have probably ran across each other fishing before. I fish that all the time.

New Member, Central VA. Washington National Forrest. starting to get more into hunting public. last few years ive been using WMA land in VA and in WV while im at school. Mostly small game and turkey hunting. the Georgee doesnt have many deer but it does have big bucks. Around Amherst, Nelson and Buena Vista its used mostly for trout fishing or bear hunters.

New Member, Central VA. Washington National Forrest. starting to get more into hunting public. last few years ive been using WMA land in VA and in WV while im at school. Mostly small game and turkey hunting. the Georgee doesnt have many deer but it does have big bucks. Around Amherst, Nelson and Buena Vista its used mostly for trout fishing or bear hunters.

Does the NF land in those counties see a lot of hikers too? Looked on the map at that district and it seems like there’s nowhere to escape the hiking trails.