New member here from Michigan.

Hello everyone glad I found this place! I can’t read enough about hunting in the off-season.
I Hunt Archery, rifle, and muzzleloader seasons. I’ve never wanted to fast forward to a hunting season so bad but this will be a big year for me.
On my last hunt last year I had a heart attack on my way out to hunt. I went down in the woods but fought thru it and made it out! That was December 28th. After just under a week in the hospital I knew I had to change. I’m down 70lbs so far and I feel better than I have in 20 years. As a mobile hunter I would get so winded walking in and especially dragging one out. I feel like my hunting will be much improved this year. The only down side has been buying new hunting clothes😉
Here is last seasons northern Michigan public land Buck from rifle season. I wish he had brow tines but still super happy wothView attachment 183673View attachment 183674View attachment 183675
Glad your doing good man. That’s a nice Mi buck for sure. Live in Macomb County, Hunt Lapeer County. Good luck this year.

OP
O
Glad your doing good man. That’s a nice Mi buck for sure. Live in Macomb County, Hunt Lapeer County. Good luck this year.
Thank you! Do you hunt public or private in Lapeer county? I started to hunt private land off lake pleasant rd 2 years ago. I still will be this year as well but have checked out the public this off season. I’ve found lots of hunter sign.

Thank you! Do you hunt public or private in Lapeer county? I started to hunt private land off lake pleasant rd 2 years ago. I still will be this year as well but have checked out the public this off season. I’ve found lots of hunter sign.
I am fortunate to hunt private land. Although I probably see more hunters then people that hunt public do lol. I hunt 80 but there are a lot of 5-10
Acre parcels that neighbor it.

OP
O
Well here we are guys, final weekend for prep then it’s game on! I’ll be shooting with broadheads this weekend just to verify everything one last time. I usually have done that already and then practice on a doe during early antlerless. But this year I bought a muzzleloader and wanted to get a notch on it so I switched up.130095D3-0DAA-450D-98E7-60A169514D3D.jpeg767A67EF-3CD2-4E88-8EC2-D1D9235AA14B.jpeg

OP
O
7D526BDE-F3E4-4261-BE5A-C13A38D185EE.jpegAlso it’s the last week for trout fishing in most of the spots I go so I gave it one last shot. The smaller fish is a rainbow and he wasn’t going to make it after I wrestled him out of a snag. So he came home for the grill too.