New member here from Michigan.

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
Did they win? I did not know that sports teams were playing. Was it a school team or travel team?

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
Have you hunted elk in CO? I go every year. Strictly archery and a back pack style hunt. Sometimes it is difficult to find a hunting partner to go out west.

Hello everyone glad I found this place! I can’t read enough about hunting in the off-season.
I Hunt Archery, rifle, and muzzleloader seasons. I’ve never wanted to fast forward to a hunting season so bad but this will be a big year for me.
On my last hunt last year I had a heart attack on my way out to hunt. I went down in the woods but fought thru it and made it out! That was December 28th. After just under a week in the hospital I knew I had to change. I’m down 70lbs so far and I feel better than I have in 20 years. As a mobile hunter I would get so winded walking in and especially dragging one out. I feel like my hunting will be much improved this year. The only down side has been buying new hunting clothes😉
Here is last seasons northern Michigan public land Buck from rifle season. I wish he had brow tines but still super happy wothView attachment 183673View attachment 183674View attachment 183675
Dandy man! Welcome from bay county michigan

Scottr479

FNG
Hello everyone glad I found this place! I can’t read enough about hunting in the off-season.
I Hunt Archery, rifle, and muzzleloader seasons. I’ve never wanted to fast forward to a hunting season so bad but this will be a big year for me.
On my last hunt last year I had a heart attack on my way out to hunt. I went down in the woods but fought thru it and made it out! That was December 28th. After just under a week in the hospital I knew I had to change. I’m down 70lbs so far and I feel better than I have in 20 years. As a mobile hunter I would get so winded walking in and especially dragging one out. I feel like my hunting will be much improved this year. The only down side has been buying new hunting clothes😉
Here is last seasons northern Michigan public land Buck from rifle season. I wish he had brow tines but still super happy wothView attachment 183673View attachment 183674View attachment 183675
I too am a new hunter with a 18 year old son who wants to learn. I struggle with the extreme costs of equipment and using this site. Huge learning curve. Been spending most of my time on the Washington Big Game Regulations book learning where and how to hunt in the area.

OP
O
Did they win? I did not know that sports teams were playing. Was it a school team or travel team?
I’m not sure. It’s not like the school team cause they play in the summer but they call it Clio jv baseball. They lost when I was there. I’ve never hunted co but I want to bad! I have friends I can stay with for free but they don’t hunt ao I’d be in my own.

OP
O
I had some new gear show up this week! I. Switching the bolt and broadheads this year so I need to start shooting asap7B45FF15-B8A6-4BFF-9D0D-6C78B832C481.jpeg5344E47F-FA6E-4317-A4AE-715B3C2D1740.jpeg

OP
O
I too am a new hunter with a 18 year old son who wants to learn. I struggle with the extreme costs of equipment and using this site. Huge learning curve. Been spending most of my time on the Washington Big Game Regulations book learning where and how to hunt in the area.
There is a big cost with the top line stuff. I try to get everything on sale but I did just spend big on an incinerator set up. To me warmth is the most important thing tho. And being in a tree during muzzleloader season is dam cold.

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
There is a big cost with the top line stuff. I try to get everything on sale but I did just spend big on an incinerator set up. To me warmth is the most important thing tho. And being in a tree during muzzleloader season is dam cold.

I do it all pack back style for archery elk. I have hunted CO, ID, WA and Michigan for elk all DIY hunts. I keep it lite and mobile. Typical hunt cost around $1200 if sharing the travel expense with a partner. Biggest problem is finding a a reliable partner that is willing to commit early and prepare. I also shop for good deals on gear and over the course of the past 4-5 years have accumulated a great lite weight gear package that suits me. Lots of options out there for gear, the most expensive isn't always the best.
Good gear is essential.

Are you primarily a firearm hunter?

Fell free to PM me

OP
O
I do it all pack back style for archery elk. I have hunted CO, ID, WA and Michigan for elk all DIY hunts. I keep it lite and mobile. Typical hunt cost around $1200 if sharing the travel expense with a partner. Biggest problem is finding a a reliable partner that is willing to commit early and prepare. I also shop for good deals on gear and over the course of the past 4-5 years have accumulated a great lite weight gear package that suits me. Lots of options out there for gear, the most expensive isn't always the best.
Good gear is essential.

Fell free to PM me
Can you use crossbows in CO or tradional/ compound only? I’ve never shot a bow but have hunted with a crossbow for just over a decade. I get more time in the stand during archery season.

Scottr479

FNG
Good gear is essential.

Fell free to PM me
Archery as primary. Hoping to fill tags without going to firearm season. Most people are successful with Archery compared to firearm because you can shoot anything with an arrow and its legal here.