New member in SoCal.

So I hear this is the spot where all the cool kids hang out. I’m pretty new to this hunting deal, I spend the majority of my life on the ocean, but mule deer are starting to consume every idle moment of my mind. I take people fishing for a living and watch firsthand every day that you can not become good at something by simply researching and using what you think you learned. Unfortunately most of my hunting friends are in the same industry as me and share the same hectic schedule or worse; work with me, meaning the chances of us having the same day off is about the same as me filling my D16 tag my first attempt. I hoped that joining this forum I might be able to make some new friends whose years of experience doing something that is new to me might offer some real word insight that you don’t get from reading articles written by sponsored authors. I’ll be scouting the mountains and washes of riverside and imperial valley every chance I get. Not planning on riding and flushing but hiking and stalking. Hoping that my willingness to make a long hike and/or camp out in hot, steep and dry mountains might put me into country that a newbie like me might spot a buck headed for the hills. If anyone would like to join I’m all about it. If you pulled for a different zone and would like another guy that’s willing to bring the glass and help with the pack I’d love to do that as well. Even a day looking for coyotes or at the range would be a little more productive with someone that is willing to tell me where I’m screwing up.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie