New Member in the San Antonio Area

Hey y'all, I'm a new member and sometime lurker from Arkansas, currently stationed in San Antonio. I've been hunting and fishing most of my life and really enjoy traditional archery, reloading, and fly-fishing. Recently I've started to dip my toe into hunting out west, although I have yet to be successful. I keep myself busy chasing pigs in texas and deer and squirrels in the Ozark and Ouachita mountains in Arkansas.
Anyone i the San Antonio area who wants to shoot bows, hit me up.

jspradley

WKR
Welcome from a bit south of Houston (for two weeks anyway lol) !

Are you a member of Texasbowhunter.com too? There's a lot of good dudes in the SA/Austin area.

OP
Ozarkansas
Welcome from a bit south of Houston (for two weeks anyway lol) !

Are you a member of Texasbowhunter.com too? There's a lot of good dudes in the SA/Austin area.
No this is the only forum I’m on right now, but I may look into joining if it’s good!

jspradley

WKR
No this is the only forum I’m on right now, but I may look into joining if it’s good!

It's mostly good, just stay out of Current Events and Politics if you value your sanity! lol

Rokslide is hands down the best place for western hunting but I've met some good friends on TBH so joining both is worthwhile

Fitzwho

WKR
Welcome from West Texas. Not an archery guy myself, but might have some questions for you about hunting the Ouachita's for deer. I have in-laws that live in Poyen, AR and spend a lot of time at Lake Ouachita. Have been curious about the deer hunting up there.

OP
Ozarkansas
Welcome from West Texas. Not an archery guy myself, but might have some questions for you about hunting the Ouachita's for deer.
I'd be happy to answer what questions I can. I'm still pretty new to the ouachitas compared to the ozarks, but so far they seem pretty similar in all but a few ways.

Gable

FNG
Mesquite Creek Archery is a good place to start for shooting bows here in town. As far as places to hunt--get your checkbook ready. We dont have a ton of public land here. There are some opportunities down in the Aransas Wildlife Area down by Rockport, TX (2.5 hours south of SA). I have clients in South Texas who manage ranches who may be able to take you, but those hunts start at $3,500 and UP.