New Member introduction and discussion starter

pk_

WKR
This thread is about N GA but I am sure much of the info will relate directly to most of E TN in terms of terrain and tactics and whatever…

Public land can be overcrowded on weekends of firearms seasons(especially opening day/weekend) but that terrain out there, has game and solitude to be had by the right kind of hunter. Not easy hunting, but not ‘terrible’ either.

OP
T
This thread is about N GA but I am sure much of the info will relate directly to most of E TN in terms of terrain and tactics and whatever…

Public land can be overcrowded on weekends of firearms seasons(especially opening day/weekend) but that terrain out there, has game and solitude to be had by the right kind of hunter. Not easy hunting, but not ‘terrible’ either.

I really appreciate the linked threads! I’ll take a look later this afternoon. Currently getting some trigger time in with my younger brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRC_GUY

WKR
Welcome
I am a new hunter, starting shooting since pandemic and hunt elk for 2 season . I would like to say , “hunt as much as you can before you can’t hunt anyone “

spectrum

Lil-Rokslider
Get an over the counter Arizona Archery Coues whitetail tag if you shoot a bow. Guided two gentlemen on a December hunt 20 something years ago and it was 90 degrees out everyday. One individual was one sheep away from the North American Sheep Slam and said sheep hunting was the toughest hunt he had ever been on until I took him on his Coues hunt. We are not just talking physical either, the ability to spot the animals, terrain, weather, and the ability or patience to sit countless hours trying to find that buck you will be happy with. You can actually hunt muledeer as well, but they started a quota system this year for both species.

Last edited: