New Meopta Optika6 Scope

Meopta USA Sport Optics Introduces New Optika6 Line of Riflescopes

TAMPA, FL, January 16, 2019 – Meopta USA Sport Optics is pleased to introduce the new Optika6 line of premium riflescopes. This newest Meopta riflescope series features a 30mm tube, 6x zoom, zero-reset turrets and advanced MeoBright lens coating that delivers edge-to-edge clarity and exceptionally bright, sharp images.

The Optika6 Shooting series is available with numerous first focal plane reticle options, including new DichroTech reticles, which feature battery-free illumination in any light conditions. The Shooting series is available in the following models: 1-6x24, 3-18x50,
3-18x56, 4.5-27x50. There is also a 34mm 5-30x56 model with ED glass to eliminate chromatic aberration at high magnification. All Optika6 Shooting series riflescopes feature rubber-armored target turrets for a non-slip grip.

The Optika6 Hunting series is available with numerous reticle options in the second focal plane, including new DichroTech reticles, in the following models: 1-6x24, 2.5-15x44,
3-18x50, 3-18x56 and 4.5-27x50. The Optika6 Hunting scopes with capped turrets feature rubber-armored metal caps for the perfect combination of durability and functionality.

The Optika6 Shooting and Hunting scopes also come with illuminated reticle options and windage and elevation adjustments in either Mil or MOA.

All Meopta Optika6 riflescopes are made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and feature:

- One-piece tube design
- Zero-Reset setting for quick return to zero
- Zoom ring with a multi-position throw lever
- Rear-facing zoom display for easy viewing of power setting from behind the scope
- Locking turrets

“Our goal is to deliver premium, European-quality optics to hunters and shooters at exceptional price points,” said Randy Garrison, Director of Meopta USA Sport Optics.

-more-

“The Optika6 line of riflescopes does just that while continuing to deliver the excellent low-light performance and optical clarity that has become synonymous with the Meopta brand. We have differentiated our Shooting and Hunting lines to make it easier for consumers to pick the scope that’s right for them, but obviously some hunters will find the first-focal-plane Shooting models more versatile, just as many target shooters will take our second-focal-plane Hunting series to the range.”

Retail Pricing: From $499 - $899

About Meopta
Meopta has been producing high-end European optics for over 85 years. Meopta is a leading manufacturer & partner to many of the world's finest optical brands. Meopta conceives, develops and manufactures precision optical and electro/optical systems for semiconductor, medical, aerospace and military industries as well as for consumer markets.

For more information regarding Meopta, please visit www.meoptasportsoptics.com

I’ll definitely be checking these out at SHOT next week if I can find their booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll definitely be checking these out at SHOT next week if I can find their booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, let us know what you find on weight and dimensions, along with your general impression. A quick google search doesn’t turn up much more on it than what’s in the press release.

I was super excited about the price and the features till I saw the reticle selections. This isn't 1980, guys don't want a duplex reticle or outdated Mil Dot reticle on a "long range" optic.

Other than that, they look like pretty solid scopes for the money.

daddie63

WKR
I’ve actually been wanting just a standard duplex along with reliable turrets. I thought I was a little different.

What's the upside of a duplex over then standard mil dot?

Haven't look at them side by side in years but all the mil dots I've messed with were plenty bold enough for jungle shots at last light.

Not 4a bold but not appreciably worse then leupy's standard fare

daddie63

WKR
I personally dont know or think a standard duplex is better than a mil dot crosshair. Im just used to a standard duplex and prefer a less cluttered reticle. Im not a long range just yet though so maybe thats why.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am putting this on the SHOT visit list as well. The press release says there will be numerous reticles available, so I will ask Meopta what that means.

daddie63

WKR
Looking forward to the reports from Shot show about these. I like Meopta glass a lot and I know their warranty kicks ass too.

Interesting. Color me skeptical at that price point. They show 3 different reticles on their website. It appears the mildot reticle has a thick dot at the crosshairs. Where do these people get these ideas?

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
From Meopta Rep:
The 4D will be a MOA based reticle; it is essentially the 4C reticle with dichroic elements instead of black crosshairs and illumination:

image.png

The central Dichroic dot is a 2-MOA dot and all of the dichroic areas are transparent so there is no blocking of any details by the crosshair.

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
From Meopta Rep:

The 4.5-27x50 FFP will be available with the following reticle options:

Non-Illuminated: Z-Plex
Illuminated: BDC, .223, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308, MRAD

The MRAD is a MIL based reticle, all others are MOA based. Currently there are no plans for a MIL-DOT reticle in these scopes as we opted to go with the MRAD "tree" type reticle due to its popularity in long-range tactical shooting and competition circles. The MIL-DOT reticle may become another option in the future, but as of now it will not be available in the Optika6 series.

Image attached; the actual reticle will be black with an illuminated central dot; there will not be a dichroic version as the title of the image states. You'll need to zoom in to see better detail of the reticle and the wind holds.
MRAD_Dichro_RD_nahled.jpg
Customer Service

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
From Meopta Rep:

The 4.5-27x50 will have the 4D as the only Dichroic option.

The 3-18x50 will have the 4D, BDC Dichro, and 6.5 Creedmoor Dichro (see below for BDC and Creedmoor).

image.png

Similar to our current BDC-3 reticle in design with the addition of dichroic center dot and thick crosshairs at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.

image.png

6.5 CM Dichro will have dichroic 3, 6, 9 crosshairs, dichroic center dot, and dichroic wind hold marks on the bottom scale. It is an MOA based reticle with holdover and wind correction out to 1,000 yards.