New Mexico 2020

Spent a lot of hours deciding which non resident elk, deer and Barbary sheep units to apply for like it actually matters. But I guess someone has to draw.

Usi05

WKR
Got my app in. Second year into this elk gig.

Last year one of you told me to develop a drug habit bc it’s cheaper.

Already have an Idaho OTC tag but hoping to get a second hunt in Nm and kill first bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyocham

FNG
I am in for sheep, elk and ibex this year. Waited until the last minute to minimize NMG&F holding my money for very long. Swung for the fences on elk again this year.

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
I am in for all species except ibex and javelina. Similarly, my wife is in for all but deer and oryx. It will be interesting to learn the effects of current events on draw odds.

And what’s the back story on this funny business with NM DG&F providing everyone’s name to the former land commissioner and some other dude?

Ehiggins

WKR
I just called the NM AG and they told me they knew nothing about it, said it was a scam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
And what’s the back story on this funny business with NM DG&F providing everyone’s name to the former land commissioner and some other dude?
From what I read they requested the info because they think there is some funny business going on with the same people drawing tags every year. That may or may not be true, guess we'll see soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

From what I read they requested the info because they think there is some funny business going on with the same people drawing tags every year. That may or may not be true, guess we'll see soon enough.

When you say they, we are talking about Aubrey Dunn, who filed the suit while he was the state land commissioner. And Jim Whitehead of Los Alamos. I'm still not sure what the motive is or was. Dunn hosed hunters by hiking access fees by double. He's aligned with landowners and outfitters from what I hear.

Don't know anything about Whitehead...

Daniel0307

Lil-Rokslider

Yes I find that kind of strange also, some get Gila tags every year and others never get drawn... makes ya what to go hmm🤔

jmcd22

WKR

I've never looked but does NM make applicants sit out if they draw a tag the year before like ID does? Sounds like they don't. I am not one to suggest how other states run their F&G regs but I do enjoy that aspect in ID...except when I actually draw a tag ;)

Felix40

WKR
Yes I find that kind of strange also, some get Gila tags every year and others never get drawn... makes ya what to go hmm🤔

Some “gila” tags are pretty dang easy to draw. All of the draw statistics are published already. I dont see a reason for anyone to know what tags every single applicant applies for or draws.