New Mexico 2020

KHNC

WKR
Slid that New Mexico draw app in today. Got everything crossed in hopes of another successful result! Odds are still under 2% for anywhere good it seems.

ATL-Kyle

FNG
Ill be waiting till the last couple weeks in hopes of not letting them hold my money for too long.
Same here. I'll be applying on March 16th so I only have to pay for one month's credit card interest before the draw results come out. This is my first year applying for NM and overall, I just want a chance at a legal muley buck somewhere this year. Fingers crossed

jmcd22

WKR
Same here. I'll be applying on March 16th so I only have to pay for one month's credit card interest before the draw results come out. This is my first year applying for NM and overall, I just want a chance at a legal muley buck somewhere this year. Fingers crossed

I made the mistake of applying the first week I was able to...only time I've ever gotten hit for interest on a credit card and it hurt!

I'll be waiting until March to turn my app in. Just elk this year...long drive for anything else if we drew. I would do mule deer but the hunting an hour from my house rivals or beats anything NM has to offer.

ATL-Kyle

FNG
you can private message me if you have any questions.
Many thanks. I'm applying for what GoHunt says are about 30-40% draw odd units with substantial public land. I can't ask for much more of an opportunity than that. I suppose I'll fall back on a 0-point Colorado unit if I don't draw

I made the mistake of applying the first week I was able to...only time I've ever gotten hit for interest on a credit card and it hurt!

I'll be waiting until March to turn my app in. Just elk this year...long drive for anything else if we drew. I would do mule deer but the hunting an hour from my house rivals or beats anything NM has to offer.
I envy you. It was ~22 hours to Wyoming for my first Western hunt last year and I think that's gonna be around the minimum I'll be able to find for solid mule deer/elk opportunities for this Georgia boy. I'm down for just about whatever it takes for those views and experiences!

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
I have my AZ and UT apps in but am waiting til March so I don’t rack up much interest. 3rd consecutive time I am putting in for NM non res. Haven’t drawn a tag there yet, hopefully this is the year..

I pray for the day I actually draw NM. Have been applying there for a long time with no luck thus far. Holding out for some of the better units but for some reason, I tend to think that with 8%-10% odds, I would eventually pull something but no dice yet. Best of luck to everyone.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
I pray for the day I actually draw NM. Have been applying there for a long time with no luck thus far. Holding out for some of the better units but for some reason, I tend to think that with 8%-10% odds, I would eventually pull something but no dice yet. Best of luck to everyone.
None of the better units are 8-10% for NR's. But, any unit could be good in NM. i have drawn 3 elk tags and 1 deer tag in my lifetime there. After each successful draw, i always think it will never happen again. LOL

Felix40

WKR
None of the better units are 8-10% for NR's. But, any unit could be good in NM. i have drawn 3 elk tags and 1 deer tag in my lifetime there. After each successful draw, i always think it will never happen again. LOL

Theres more than you might think.

Shoes

FNG
Uncle Sam has me missing most of the seasons. Late cow elk, deer and oryx is all I'll be around for. First time in the NM draw, hopefully I can land a tag.

Probably should have been more specific. In my head I have "better units" as opposed to "top tier." I always apply early archery as well which has helped a bit...actually it hasnt helped at all lol...just slightly better odds.

Brooks

WKR
I’ve got the apps all filled out...pronghorn, elk, deer, Barbary, big horn , ibex and oryx just waiting a few more weeks to hit ....send.