NEW MEXICO 45 ELK

Hey i drew a 45 muzzy elk tag oct 5-9 this year and am looking to see if anyone has any previous experience in this unit? Im looking to making a few scouting trips but would like to hear of some places to start and what to expect as far as quality and terrain. I have horses but im not sure how many i want to trek that far from utah, so thinking that i might would be interested in hiring a packer to pack out my animal? Just a thought. thanks for any info in advance. Good luck this fall>

Cornbore

FNG
Hey i drew a 45 muzzy elk tag oct 5-9 this year and am looking to see if anyone has any previous experience in this unit? Im looking to making a few scouting trips but would like to hear of some places to start and what to expect as far as quality and terrain. I have horses but im not sure how many i want to trek that far from utah, so thinking that i might would be interested in hiring a packer to pack out my animal? Just a thought. thanks for any info in advance. Good luck this fall>

Cornbore

FNG
Sent you a text give me a call if you think you will be hunting the north side of the unit.

i got my PM set up now so look in there. Thanks for the help guys.
Hey guys, ill be there oct 12-16 for my first elk hunt ever! Looking for tips as well. I from MA so i cant get out to scout but have done a ton of escouting. Would love to go over some of my spots with someone.

miteybucs

FNG
Hey guys, ill be there oct 12-16 for my first elk hunt ever! Looking for tips as well. I from MA so i cant get out to scout but have done a ton of escouting. Would love to go over some of my spots with someone.
I leave Thursday for my first ever hunt. Heading to Northern NM (Chama)

Coming from MA, if you get lucky would love to hear how "after" the hunt goes. hauling, processing, flying meat or are you driving?)

miteybucs

FNG
Coming from MA, if you get lucky would love to hear how "after" the hunt goes. hauling, processing, flying meat or are you driving?)
sounds great. I am flying but using an outfitter so if I get one they will handle processing. I will fly home what I can and ship the rest.