New Mexico Antelope success

OP
Jaker_cc

Jaker_cc

WKR
Dude that is an awesome buck! Spot and stalk in flat open country with a bow! Wow! That is impressive, and not just any buck - a STUD buck! Nice job!

I’ve got to ask you, do you think the decoy hat was the ticket? I’ve looked at them for archery elk a few years back. My very 1st thought when I saw one was “that-is-brilliant”. my second thought was “I’m going to look like a tool wearing that hat and my friends are going to haze me relentlessly”. I just couldn’t bring myself to buy it.

But If you tell me it was what made the difference for you on this hunt, then I’m ordering one today!

You can’t cheat the mountain

If you want my opinion that hat is worth its weight in gold. Those antelope are so curious they circle right in. Yes you look like a major tool while wearing it, but it for sure gives you an edge. I’ll be taking it on every antelope hunt form now on

TX_Diver

WKR
Awesome! I’m still sitting in the field trying to get mine. My hat is next to me but in my unit they’re not impressed with it so far... still have rest of today and some of tomorrow... trying to get the guy in the photos. I’m sitting in his bedding area currently but of course they’re in a different part of the field now that I haven’t seen em in before... gonna stay til I run outta water or the lightning starts up again...

OP
Jaker_cc

Jaker_cc

WKR
Here is the buck TX_Diver is after

3d0cb016db46f419ad37e6d13cd0c43d.jpg

cb3c0099a606d1064fe9e72fd2b52342.jpg

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
That's a hell of an accomplishment with a bow in that flat country! Congrats on an awesome goat!

TX_Diver

WKR
Thanks Jaker,

No luck so far. Someone else blew him out and he came by me at 120. Still sitting out here so Hoping he comes back to this area we’ve seen him every day!!!

huntbux

FNG
Great buck, congrats, any antelope with a bow spot and stalk is well earned.

MasonfromWi

Lil-Rokslider
Heck of a buck!!! Did you shoot it in the back of the head? I see that and what looks like a frontal shot and one bloody arrow, or is that from him fighting with another buck?

OP
Jaker_cc

Jaker_cc

WKR
Heck of a buck!!! Did you shoot it in the back of the head? I see that and what looks like a frontal shot and one bloody arrow, or is that from him fighting with another buck?

Nope, Right in the noggin. He spun on me when I shot. I put another in him for insurance when I walked up as he was kicking still

ff961eb2668b7f352dd6b1af13a77523.jpg