New mexico antelope

WKR

WKR
Can't believe it but I drew a NM rifle antelope tag. Only had a 2% chance but guess thats all I needed. Needless to say I am extremely excited.

For you NM residents, I drew the unit just east of Roswell. If you have any tips or advice im all ears. I'd love to chat over pm. Also interested in what quality bucks are seen out there.

The unit is around 60% public land so I'm thinking I have a good chance without trying to find a landowner trespass but I'd like to hear from someone who has hunted that unit.

Notice I didn't put any unit numbers in my post. I think that's the right way to do it 😉

grademan1

FNG
Can't believe it but I drew a NM rifle antelope tag. Only had a 2% chance but guess thats all I needed. Needless to say I am extremely excited.

For you NM residents, I drew the unit just east of Roswell. If you have any tips or advice im all ears. I'd love to chat over pm. Also interested in what quality bucks are seen out there.

The unit is around 60% public land so I'm thinking I have a good chance without trying to find a landowner trespass but I'd like to hear from someone who has hunted that unit.

Notice I didn't put any unit numbers in my post. I think that's the right way to do it 😉
I'll be bowhunting east of Roswell this August, I'll let you know how it goes and what I learned.

Reactions: WKR

grademan1

FNG
You planning on camping or staying in town?
My wife will be with me on this trip so we will probably be pulling a camper with us and find a camp ground some where in the unit, I hunted a unit west of there a couple of years ago and it was miserable because of the heat so im bringing air conditioning with me so we can get a good night sleep lol.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Good luck to you archery guys, just leave atleast one 80"er for me to go after 😁
Looks like even the archery success rate is pretty high. 50% for 2019.