New Mexico Bull

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted New Mexico this September and was able to take this bull at 30 yards. Was my first animal with a bow and my biggest bull ever. Watched him work his way to us from over a mile away and called for 4 hours, he fought another 6x6 bull about 120 yards in front of us and then he hung up at 80 yards raking a small tree for about 15 minutes. He came the rest of the way after we raked a tree behind us.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
Nice bull! Were you in the Gila? See many other people around, non-hunters included?

OP
ghostmoney

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
Nice bull! Were you in the Gila? See many other people around, non-hunters included?
Wasnt in the gila, and there were a few other hunters including one that was mad we got to a spot at first light and set his car alarm off for 30 minutes when the bulls started bugling

That's simply a magnificent Elk. If I could harvest one like that with my bow I would probably stop elk hunting.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
Truly excellent bull! Any idea what he scored? (Trying to figure out field scoring for next year...)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Laramie

WKR
Truly excellent bull! Any idea what he scored? (Trying to figure out field scoring for next year...)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Series of fun videos - Here is part 1 -

To the OP, great bull! Congrats and thanks for sharing.