New Mexico Draw 2019

jspradley

WKR
Did anyone else get a refund after drawing their tags? I'm confused about what this is for... I can't make the math for the application fees add up to this...

98022Capture.JPG

jspradley

WKR
Nevermind... I figured it out. I applied for high demand units as my first choices but drew a regular unit for my 4th choice and the refund is for the balance.

I drew unit 34 2nd Archery elk hunt and muzzleloader deer in unit 31. I went 14 years without an elk tag, now it’s 2 years in a row. I’m pumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
Has anybody here ever stepped foot in Unit 23? Drew a muzzy tag and going in blind.

Fitzwho

WKR
I drew unit 34 2nd Archery elk hunt and muzzleloader deer in unit 31. I went 14 years without an elk tag, now it’s 2 years in a row. I’m pumped!

I hunted the Muzzleloader deer hunt in 31 a couple years ago. I can be in that unit in 45 minutes, it's where I do most of my quail hunting. Not a lot of deer, but there are some very nice ones. Neither my brother or myself harvested a deer. Saw some okay ones, but got beat down trying to get close enough for a shot (<200yds). If I ever get around to getting a CVA Paramount or something similar I may put in there again... I think my HSE director has the MZ tag this year as well. He has had a deer tag in that unit every year that I have known him, alternating between rifle and MZ, but he is a resident.

I hunted the Muzzleloader deer hunt in 31 a couple years ago. I can be in that unit in 45 minutes, it's where I do most of my quail hunting. Not a lot of deer, but there are some very nice ones. Neither my brother or myself harvested a deer. Saw some okay ones, but got beat down trying to get close enough for a shot (QUOTE]

I live in unit 31, and yes, there are some big one here. A lot of time behind the glasses!

mproberts

WKR

Congrats man that's a great tag to have! I was lucky enough to draw it last year, enjoy the hunt man.

Got a late September unit 36 hunt. Brother and I will be doing our first backpacking elk hunt. Have off work from August 31st to September 26th for the elk and Unit 34 mull deer hunt. Always been big muzzleloader hunters but this will be first archery hunt 😁👍🏻

Got a late September unit 36 hunt. Brother and I will be doing our first backpacking elk hunt. Have off work from August 31st to September 26th for the elk and Unit 34 mull deer hunt. Always been big muzzleloader hunters but this will be first archery hunt

I would focus more on the elk hunt. Some big bulls in 36. Lots of big mule deer in easy to draw Colorado units. So i would make the elk tag 1st priority. Good luck.

I would focus more on the elk hunt. Some big bulls in 36. Lots of big mule deer in easy to draw Colorado units. So i would make the elk tag 1st priority. Good luck.

Yep elk hunt is the priority. Already been scouting them and found a couple I’m interested in.