New Mexico Draw 2019

U drew my tag!

My bad bro! Beginner's luck, haha.
You will have a blast on that hunt. Bulls will be going crazy!
I've been building points in multiple states and NM has been my hail mary. I applied for this unit because of the really high success rates. Considering i've never even been on an elk hunt, this is one heck of one to start with! I knew the unit was good, but the more I read, the better it seems! Talk about PUMPED!

Ehiggins

WKR
Winner winner chicken dinner! Release email was 0532MST on 17 April, and your guess of 1348MST on 16 April was the closest without going over.

Dirty Olaf socks, yellow flagging tape, and a PETA poster to decorate your man-cave are yours!

View attachment 96519

Dang! I drew a tag yet somehow I feel like I lost today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to all the lucky ones, and better luck next year for the unlucky and hope the unlucky are hunting somewhere.

As for me? I'm f'ing fist pumping again! My scouting, and off season routine officially starts today :)

FlyGuy

WKR
I’ve been worthless all day. Drew THREE NR tags!

1st choice Elk - early archery in Gilas!!!
3rd choice Barbary Sheep
3rd choice IBEX!!!! Late archery

I am so pumped. This is my 1st time drawing anything in NM. I’ve always heard of the Gilas and I’m so excited to finally have my chance to hunt them in there! And the IBEX has been a dream hunt of mine for so long! Never thought I would have a chance to get after them. I know the success rates for archery are pretty dismal, but I am going to give it everything I got! Looks like all my vacation days will be spent in NM!

You can’t cheat the mountain

My bad bro! Beginner's luck, haha.

I've been building points in multiple states and NM has been my hail mary. I applied for this unit because of the really high success rates. Considering i've never even been on an elk hunt, this is one heck of one to start with! I knew the unit was good, but the more I read, the better it seems! Talk about PUMPED!
I live 1.5hrs away from your unit and spent lots of time there. Tons of elk and very vocal at that time.

jmcd22

WKR
I’ve been worthless all day. Drew THREE NR tags!

1st choice Elk - early archery in Gilas!!!
3rd choice Barbary Sheep
3rd choice IBEX!!!! Late archery

That's it. I demand all F&G introduce a "tags for all" draw system! HAHA kidding of course. Sounds like you'll have a year of hunting to remember! Good luck!

swampokie

WKR
It really seems the non refundable licenses always bring in a lot of new applicants. It seems to provide them with beginners luck as well.

MP.hunter

FNG
Drew a Unit 5b elk any weapon tag. My young son and I will see how it goes....I know nothing of the Unit.

PM me after Oct 3 I will have been there hunting deer and will let you know what I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk