New Mexico Draw 2019

jspradley

WKR
Well, I didn't draw Unit 34 elk after all, I drew the special late season archery Unit 37 antler restricted elk so I'll be going in blind....

Well, I didn't draw Unit 34 elk after all, I drew the special late season archery Unit 37 antler restricted elk so I'll be going in blind....

Tough hunt right there. Alot of elk are pushed into 36 or find private land to winter on. Good luck though. There are still a few elk to be had. Right place, right time

The hunt code change get ya?

Three of the units I watch closely had their codes changed the past 2 years.

Brushhawg

Lil-Rokslider
Caldera archery elk for me. My boys drew antelope together and deer and elk separately. Shaping up to be a banner year!

Brushhawg

Lil-Rokslider
Nah, it was my 4th choice "Any hunt in the quadrant" option.
Late 37 bow is one of my favorites. Be prepared to see some big ones. IMO finding them isn't so much the challenge as getting in bow range undetected. Succes rates reflect this. Lot of scrub oak where we hunt, but about as much fun as you can have on a 5 day archery quest.

jspradley

WKR
Late 37 bow is one of my favorites. Be prepared to see some big ones. IMO finding them isn't so much the challenge as getting in bow range undetected. Succes rates reflect this. Lot of scrub oak where we hunt, but about as much fun as you can have on a 5 day archery quest.

Now you got me all moist with anticipation.. lol

It's antler restricted so hopefully I can find some big boys!

OP
StopMakingSense

Which Archery? I'll be on the 1st in the Caldera