New Mexico Elk Draw 2022

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
My refund was a week later. But paid with a debit card this time.

Drew 16B first rifle after 18 years of putting in yeeeehaw son. It's on. Oct 8th, hope to find them screaming. Sorry late to the talk here. But I just saw it. Me and a buddy both drew 2 of only 25 tags. In the wilderness. No road hunters in there. Just me my rifle and elk paradise.

Drew 16B first rifle after 18 years of putting in yeeeehaw son. It's on. Oct 8th, hope to find them screaming. Sorry late to the talk here. But I just saw it. Me and a buddy both drew 2 of only 25 tags. In the wilderness. No road hunters in there. Just me my rifle and elk paradise.

Isn't 16B horseback, and very rugged country ?

Hell yeah buddy, all wilderness in 16B no road hunters messing with you. Driving around listening for bungling bulls playing the public land game. Hike in hunt, try to kill a good bull and pack him out. Gonna be tough, but do able for sure.

Gila

WKR
It is tough trying to find elk in the wilderness. Most hunt that unit on horseback. Finding a water source is challenging. A spring or creek that is wet one year may be dry the next. There is one local outfitter that specializes in hunting the Gila wilderness on horses that I know of. Search around here and you can find a couple of outfitters. Congrats on drawing your tag!

Hell yeah buddy, all wilderness in 16B no road hunters messing with you. Driving around listening for bungling bulls playing the public land game. Hike in hunt, try to kill a good bull and pack him out. Gonna be tough, but do able for sure.
What others have said is true. But with that attitude? I predict a very large gut pile or 2. Good luck!

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
No elk for me but I did get a muley tag on a good elk unit...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Delgue

FNG
I hope to hell it’s a good year for horn growth , plenty of water and that the bulls aren’t all broke up