New Mexico Elk Draw Thread

Was a total bust this year.. Congrats to all of those who drew, should be a great year. Personally fortunate to have drawn 16B in 09/10, 16D archery in 2018 and hunt with my buddy last year 15 archery.

Good luck to all !

FLAK

WKR
0 for 4 here. May come out in the winter and do some predator calling.
I need a Badger in the man cave.
Might even buy a Lion tag, who knows.???

emmagator tell your buddy congrats on the tag draw! I drew the same unit for 2nd archery. Would he be willing to share some info on his way out over inreach? If I decide to go DIY, I will be arriving a few days before my hunt to get a lay of the land before I can have a bow in hand. I could also lend a helping hand on pack out if he shoots one towards the end of the season. Also willing to share packer options as I find if he is willing to do the same. Two people researching are always better than one! Thanks!

Jardo

WKR
No luck for me but my brother drew an elk 2nd rifle tag in 55a. If anyone has experience or info on this unit please message me.

55a is one of the best units in the state. I would consider a guide to show you around. You should be able to find a 340-360 bull in that unit.

Lucky. Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
2nd time. I am blessed.
Gotcha, i was thinking you were the guy i talked to over on AT when i had a deer tag in 16A. If so, i remember you drew an elk tag a couple years ago and had bad luck with an outfitter. If this is you, PM me and i will be glad to share a few areas with you from one of my elk hunts there.

Robdog20

FNG
2nd year in a row we didn’t draw a resident NM elk bow tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usi05

WKR
When can I expect my refund? Want to use it on new gear since I already paid it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk