New Mexico Elk Hunt companion

OP
C
Thanks guys I appreciate both your answers seems to be a small conflict there but no big deal either way I have signed up for a webinar that the New Mexico fish and game is having for Elk hunts on 10 February so I will get that answer clarified at that time thanks guys and good luck hunting

CMF

WKR
How did the Colorado archery hunt go? Any success? If I continue to be unsuccessful in New Mexico draw I’m considering Colorado, Wyoming or Idaho with either excess tags or over-the-counter tags
It was a successful experience! but no elk were harmed. We got into bugles or saw bulls 4 or 5 days out of the 8 or 9 we hunted, but never sealed the deal. We had a cow at 40yds and a spike at 17, but had 4 point bull only tag. Had one bull raking less than 100 yds from us, but he turned and went away. We got snow on Sep. 8th and 10th and temps hit 16 degrees. Not bad for a unit that the game warden told us was at a 20 year low on elk.

CMF

WKR
My first two hunt choices only have nine nonresident rifle tags available my third choice is a muzzleloader hunt with 15 nonresident tagged available still seems pretty slim whether we go in together or if we separate so I have to weigh out my options going together gives us the opportunity to receive two tags going separately doubles our chances of drawing a single tag I thank all you guys for your advice!
Some of the units I've applied for have less than that. I just think about it as, if you're applying with two people, there would be one less tag available (8 and 14).

Hedge your bets by applying separately and agree to split the cost of a land owner tag if only one draws. Definitely keep track of dates during the application so that if both draw for different units they are not on the same week.