New Mexico Executive order

all persons who have arrived in New Mexico from a location outside of the State must self-isolate or self-quarantine for a period of at least 14 days [...] The terms “self-isolate” or “self-quarantine” refer to the voluntary physical separation of a person or group of people in a residence or other place of lodging. Any person who is self-isolating or self-quarantining may only leave a residence or place of lodging to receive medical care
You see, Officer, the mountains are my home so this my place of lodging

OP
Unoboats

Unoboats

WKR
Exactly. This is horse shit. How could you not be more isolated than hunting.

Loco4dux

WKR
How are they going to prove when you got there if you’re driving in?

AZ8

WKR
How are they going to prove when you got there if you’re driving in?
They’ll subpoena your phone and check when it first “pinged“ on a tower in the State of New Mexico! lmao. 😀

Kidding of course. Like others have said, impossible to enforce.

Ten Bears

WKR
What’s the plan for folks driving there to hunt this year ? I have called and emailed NM and they don’t answer or reply.

Typically I like to stay one night at a hotel at some elevation before I take my flat lander lungs up into the mountains.

Has anyone stayed at a hotel there recently ? Was anyone asked any questions, etc ?

Normally I am the type to follow the law but with how arbitrary and political all these EO’s are getting it makes it tough.

baz77

WKR
What’s the plan for folks driving there to hunt this year ? I have called and emailed NM and they don’t answer or reply.

Typically I like to stay one night at a hotel at some elevation before I take my flat lander lungs up into the mountains.

Has anyone stayed at a hotel there recently ? Was anyone asked any questions, etc ?

Normally I am the type to follow the law but with how arbitrary and political all these EO’s are getting it makes it tough.

Stayed in a hotel in Roswell two days ago had to sign a paper agreeing to quarentine in my room. Wasn’t a big deal at all..I guess I’m a criminal now since I went to target and a gas station though 😂

Drove from the Texas border all the way up to Colorado and it was business as usual just had to wear a mask in stores etc.

I wouldn’t worry about it effecting hunting at all..I know I’m not worried about my early archery elk hunt coming up in less than a month

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
For those actually concerned with this related to their hunting plans, stay home and send me your tags please!