New Mexico first season archery rut elk hunt. Let’s chat

I actually switched my land owner tag to unit 13 because that's where they had been seeing several bug bulls, but 17 is literally on the other side of the highway from 13. Both units are massive. I passed on a couple smaller bulls early in the hunt but had failed stalks on around 6 giants. We were in elk every day. It was mostly very hot, but cooled off the last couple days of the hunt and the rut cranked up. It was a real circus on labor day weekend but saw very few hunters after that. I didn't tag out but it was a phenomenal hunt. The roads are rough. I did get in an absolute rut fest on the last day of the hunt. I've got a video that one of the guys filmed from about a mile away with a phone scope, we are in amongst the elk somewhere. That was in a cedar flat, which is where we got closest to killing. When you're glassing it will seem like there are no elk out in those cedars but all of a sudden they start popping up everywhere. The cedar flats were definitely my favorite place to hunt them. If you will pm me with your cell number I will send you the video.

2STRO

FNG
I actually switched my land owner tag to unit 13 because that's where they had been seeing several bug bulls, but 17 is literally on the other side of the highway from 13. Both units are massive. I passed on a couple smaller bulls early in the hunt but had failed stalks on around 6 giants. We were in elk every day. It was mostly very hot, but cooled off the last couple days of the hunt and the rut cranked up. It was a real circus on labor day weekend but saw very few hunters after that. I didn't tag out but it was a phenomenal hunt. The roads are rough. I did get in an absolute rut fest on the last day of the hunt. I've got a video that one of the guys filmed from about a mile away with a phone scope, we are in amongst the elk somewhere. That was in a cedar flat, which is where we got closest to killing. When you're glassing it will seem like there are no elk out in those cedars but all of a sudden they start popping up everywhere. The cedar flats were definitely my favorite place to hunt them. If you will pm me with your cell number I will send you the video.
775-315-6807 I’m not sure how to message on here.