New Mexico issues with hunters truck break-ins ?

DFP

FNG
I live I southern NM, it is hard for me imagine that crime is any worse here than other border states. Best practice is out of sight out of mind, don't leave something out where people are enticed to steal it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm terrible with the internet, but have you seen that picture of a Canadian hunter's truck with a sign "no valuables were left in the truck, please do not break in, there is a case of beer behind in the bed, help yourself". I like that approach :)

Beendare

WKR
I hunted NM this year and though I didn't have a problem, I talked to a guy that did have stuff stolen from his camp.

Always inquiring, I asked a resident hunter that lives in Albuquerque how he liked it......"Born and raised...but the crime is going parabolic due to meth and drugs" he said.

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted New Mexico this year. I had no problem but because of this forum everything was loaded back into the truck in the morning that we didnt want to lose. The window could have easily been broken but it was for peace of mind.

mlgc20

WKR
We elk hunted NM unit 16E last year, without any issues. Clearly 16E isn't anywhere near any real population. But, there were plenty of people out ther. I didn't "feel" my truck was any more unsafe than anywhere else I've hunted. Even though we would leave it by the road for 9 hours at a time. We are going back to hunt units 59 and 46 this December. Can't wait to hunt NM. The locals have all been very friendly and the state is beautiful. I probably wouldn't want to move to Albuquerque. But otherwise, the state get's a big thumbs up from me.

I would be very careful if you’re anywhere close to the main populations. I just spent a week in ALB and it’s working towards being a 3rd world country.

Like I’m talking armed security guard standing outside at the Macdonald’s drive through window 2 blocks from the airport.

I’m sure all the decent folks have fled so when you get to the outskirts it’s better but I would be very aware of my surroundings.

Still not as bad as Detroit, Chicago, LA, NY, Philly etc etc etc ;)