New Mexico Private land elk outfitters

KHNC

WKR
Not true.They can be found.
Doing again this year.But don't ask.
yeah whatever, there are NO outfitter hunts in prime units for 6k total cost. They LO tags are prob 3k minimum and then 765 for the tag. That doesnt leave much for the hunt costs.

Trial153

WKR
If it 6k total with the tag in a good unit. I would be willing to commit two, 2020, 2022. I can’t find anything in that range and the last LO tag I had was pushing that just for the tag.

Riplip

WKR
There are a lot of factors that come into account in regards to cost of an outfitted hunt and LO tags. Obviously you are going to pay a premium for the so called Trophy Units. If that is what you are looking for then it is going to most likely be more than your budget if you are not able to draw a tag on your own. I would suggest looking at some of the less popular units, and cross reference with the number of LO tags given out, there are plenty of opportunities out there is you are willing to dig a little.

If you want to guarantee that you will hunt in 2020, your best option is to do some research on quality outfitters that offer and have a history of obtaining land owner tags. You don't necessarily need to have access to private land (as long as the the LO tag is unit wide). You would contract with the outfitter and enter the draw in the outfitter pool. If you are lucky enough to draw then you just pay the guide and tag fee. If you don't draw then you pay the outfitter for the guide fee and the LO tag. The later will certainly be more expensive however many of the better outfitters have fairly cheap access to these tags every year and you would be surprised what kind of deals you can do if you agree/contract ahead of time. Much cheaper access than just buying a LO tag on the open market through a broker or Craigslist. Good luck.

SoDaky

WKR
Yup ^^^
$1850 for unit wide 2 yrs.Skunked one year,6 by 7 the other.Just takes time/work.
This year 3k but I have access to 14,000 private acres.One other bowhunter.Year round herd.