New Mexico Private land elk outfitters

I know this has been covered before, but me and a buddy are wanting to do a elk hunt next year and are looking for a good outfitter in New Mexico. This would be my first out of state hunt.
I'm looking at private land because of the tag guarantee. Also would like to camp out of a tent, if possible. Trying to keep the cost below $6000.
Anyone hunted with or know of a good outfitter to contact.

Thanks
Eric

RyanCmns

WKR
You would save alot of money by just buying a land owner tag rather than going guided I've seen tags on craigslist aswell as Ebay

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RyanCmns

WKR
You just have to find them alot of them guides buy then sell them as guided hunts

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
They wont be for sale until 2020 for next fall. Many outfitters have access to LO tags but they charge a premium for them if so. No way you will find a hunt under 6k with tags in NM>

KHNC

WKR
You get better odds in the draw with an outfitter. As long as you stay out of the premium public land units, private land hunts will cost less and better chance to draw vs buying LO tags. Big money racket in NM for years now.

There is a guy who lives near me and purchased a LO tag in unit 12 (New Mexico) and I believe he paid $16,500. He has pretty deep pockets. Ended up shooting a huge bull on whatever private ranch he was hunting. I think the bull went just over 370'' if I remember correctly. Ive never hunted NM even though I apply every year. I keep swinging for the fences thinking I might catch lightning in a bottle.

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
KHNC is spot on. You'd never find a private land hunt w/ LO tags anywhere near 6k. Most 5 day guided hunts drawing a tag through the outfitter portal start at $5.5k. LO tags in the Gila probably start at $7500 just for the tag.

ruttedup

FNG
I may have a group opening on my ranches in unit 4. DIY on private land. we only do whole groups of friends... 4-6 ppl. Its as legit as it gets and would be in your price range.

OP
stikshooter
I may have a group opening on my ranches in unit 4. DIY on private land. we only do whole groups of friends... 4-6 ppl. Its as legit as it gets and would be in your price range.

I would be interested, but I don’t think I can PM yet. Maybe you could pm me.

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I know a guy in Caplan, NM who owns a ranch and sells elk hunts. Guided or DIY. I know he has a bunkhouse, but I’m sure he will let you camp as well. It’s under $6k for a DIY hunt. PM me if you want his contact info and I’ll send it your way.

jd30069

FNG
You get better odds in the draw with an outfitter. As long as you stay out of the premium public land units, private land hunts will cost less and better chance to draw vs buying LO tags. Big money racket in NM for years now.
do you have a recommendation for an outfitter to draw through or private land unit.. I would like to set-up an elk hunt for me and my son next year-- 2020.. thanks

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
do you have a recommendation for an outfitter to draw through or private land unit.. I would like to set-up an elk hunt for me and my son next year-- 2020.. thanks

Andy Salgado with H&A outfitters. I went with them this year. They do everything an outfitter is supposed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd30069

FNG
in approaching an outfitter about private lands hunt where do you start for parts of the state ... north east - southeast ... etc. I have spent the last week looking at Unit stats and the slim draw odds.
Do the outfitters only have access to specific regions?

SoDaky

WKR
They wont be for sale until 2020 for next fall. Many outfitters have access to LO tags but they charge a premium for them if so. No way you will find a hunt under 6k with tags in NM>
Not true.They can be found.
Doing again this year.But don't ask.