New Mexico Quarantine- Looking for Thoughts

Laramie

WKR
Go get a negative test immediately prior to going. Anyone gives you flack, show them the results. End of story.

Laramie

WKR
In CO we are an "open carry state", but it is illegal to open carry and wear a mask at the same time. So I abide by the law, not the King's edicts about mask wearing.
Interesting- bet they didn't think that one through.

Fitzwho

WKR
Somebody mentioned it on the first page, but the quarantine order reads "14 days or for the length of your stay".

Where you are going to run into issue is if you were planning on staying in a hotel. If you come and go from there daily, somebody could tattle-tell on you (they may not, but they could). If you are dispersed camping for your stay, you would be good. Depending on your unit locale, you could stay in Texas and drive back and forth if you are worried about it. For the most part, just limit your time in town/public places. Wear solids when getting fuel and try to look like you are just passing through.

HankNM

Lil-Rokslider
In CO we are an "open carry state", but it is illegal to open carry and wear a mask at the same time. So I abide by the law, not the King's edicts about mask wearing.
There is a handful of folks here & they know me. I do not carry in other towns while shopping.
I'm also not ruled by any ******* king, nor queen...

Laramie

WKR
There is a handful of folks here & they know me. I do not carry in other towns while shopping.
I'm also not ruled by any ******* king, nor queen...
So you only carry around people you know but don't when you go into unknown situations? To each their own I guess but that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Brooks

WKR
The Governor wouldn't allow any of N.M. Sheriffs attend her inauguration with their weapons when she was elected they either had to disarm or stay away so many Sheriffs and Deputies here don’t care for her and don’t go out of their way to support her.

FLAK

WKR
I'll be "quarantined" in my truck tent in the south central part of the state nursing an Aoudad tag some time this winter.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved

The most surprising thing is someone got an answer from game and fish... different than the one I got.

The most surprising thing is someone got an answer from game and fish... different than the one I got.
So it looks like you can go stay in a motel for two weeks but not one night. I guess if you’re there two weeks you’re not endangering anyone?

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
They still don't really give a lot of info, especially about camping.
Governor says you can’t, game and fish won’t say anything because of that and they already have your money, they don’t care, guides are going to keep guiding, etc.
I think you’ll be fine camping. I was hesitant because I’m coming through the airport. They might start to enforce more there? Who honestly knows. I had decided on going but then a hurricane is now forecasted to hit my area at the exact time/date I’m supposed to fly out, this was just icing on the cake, not meant to be this year.

7mmremmag

Lil-Rokslider
Governor says you can’t, game and fish won’t say anything because of that and they already have your money, they don’t care, guides are going to keep guiding, etc.
I think you’ll be fine camping. I was hesitant because I’m coming through the airport. They might start to enforce more there? Who honestly knows. I had decided on going but then a hurricane is now forecasted to hit my area at the exact time/date I’m supposed to fly out, this was just icing on the cake, not meant to be this year.

I'm flying in and driving back (hunting partners doing opposite). We decided to fly into Denver and road trip down. One positive, one way flights are dirty cheap right now.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm flying in and driving back (hunting partners doing opposite). We decided to fly into Denver and road trip down. One positive, one way flights are dirty cheap right now.
Yea before the hurricane news I was thinking of changing my flight to Dallas then driving in..... I think you’ll be fine

Laramie

WKR
I would be going hunting as long as game and fish didn't email me that the season was closed.

7mmremmag

Lil-Rokslider
Any nonres pronghorn hunters with updates? Any issues? Maybe we should use this thread for updates with the actual experiences as seasons progress.

KHNC

WKR
Or you could just not worry about at all, not even a tiny bit. Like most people that hunt from out of state.