New Mexico rain gear

Headed to the Gila mid September. What level of rain gear is needed to weather the monsoons? Thanks in advance.

Not gila but last time I was in those parts I had a soft shell jacket and a ponch / tarp just in case (gatewood cape from six moon). It was used as sunshade but no precip to speak of.

Trial153

WKR
Last time i hunted the gila that time year i took a dewpoint rain jacket in my pack and skipped rain pants. It wasnt cold enough for me to justify anything else.

OP
Hunt-n-ski-ID
Last time i hunted the gila that time year i took a dewpoint rain jacket in my pack and skipped rain pants. It wasnt cold enough for me to justify anything else.
Thanks I have my light pack rain jacket always have in my pack but wonder do I need pants or a more substantial jacket.

vthokee

WKR
I have a rain jacket that was issued to me it’s lightweight but doesn’t pack very well. I’m thinking about picking up the Sitka Flash to use for those brief afternoon storms that pop up in NM.

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be in that area around the same time. Probably overkill but I'm taking my normal kuiu raingear. My guide was very clear the bring rain gear and gaitors.

Seth

WKR
I live and hunt in the Grants area. A basic rain jacket and pair of gaiters has always been sufficient for me.