New Mexico September archery clothing Lincoln Forest

CMF

WKR
First Elk/Western hunt and headed to the Lincoln National Forest Sep 15-24 for Archery. Plan on hunting 7500'-11000' and will be prepared to stay out 3 to 4 days at a time if needed. I'm trying to nail down exactly what clothes I will need without packing something I won't. I'm just not certain what temps or rain I'll see if I'm up around 10000?
I plan to hunt in future years in additional states OTC and draw so don't mind investing in good gear, but the budget is not unlimited so I don't want to invest alot this year on something I'm not likely to use this year, that could be upgraded later.
Not set on any one brand, especially for rain/puffy, but have Kuiu so far so probably stick to it for mid layer.

So far I have and used last weekend scouting
Kuiu Attack Pants
Merino 125 crew
Darn Tough merino socks
Salomon Quest 4d
Kutana Gaiters (didn't use yet)

Thinking about getting:
mid - a Peloton 200 zip to hoodie or should I go with the strongfleece hybrid 260 zip hoodie
Northridge rain jacket
Northridge rain pants - would a cheaper pant like Cabelas space pant be all I need for this hunt?
Do I need a puffy jacket or pants?
I was planning to get the zip off merino bottoms, but they won't be in stock until Sept.
Should I skip the base bottoms and just carry puffy pants if I stop for a while?
Merino beanie/neck gaiter

I grew up hunting in the Lincoln National Forest and never considered it to ever be cold in September. If you plan on camping in the 10,000’+ of altitude it may be cold in the mornings. When hunting in high elevation the most I’ve ever worn was a hoody. Never had to wear a base layer while hunting. Most of the time I’d always wear FL guide pants with the llano top and still get pretty hot after hiking around a bit. Rain is always a probability so a rain jacket may be beneficial.

Austink47

WKR
I would recommend a light hoody that can be worn as a base layer. Something like a Sitka core lightweight or a FL wick. Something to give quick easy sun/wind protection, and concealment.

K_pem

WKR
If they'll fit you I would scoop up the KUIU Peloton 97 bottoms out of the outlet! They're a steal at $60 and ridiculously lightweight for the warmth you get. I personally would skip the mid layer and opt for a light puffy jacket/vest or if you think you'll be more active maybe consider the Kutana hybrid or the Sitka Kelvin active, should be plenty warm. Also for what its worth, for short rain storms and wet mornings i carry the cabela's space rain most of archery season as does my hunting partner and we have yet to have any major issues. They aren't a brush busting rain gear by any stretch but they'll keep you dry. If money is no factor id consider the Sitka Dewpoint.

OP
CMF

CMF

WKR
If they'll fit you I would scoop up the KUIU Peloton 97 bottoms out of the outlet! They're a steal at $60 and ridiculously lightweight for the warmth you get. I personally would skip the mid layer and opt for a light puffy jacket/vest or if you think you'll be more active maybe consider the Kutana hybrid or the Sitka Kelvin active, should be plenty warm. Also for what its worth, for short rain storms and wet mornings i carry the cabela's space rain most of archery season as does my hunting partner and we have yet to have any major issues. They aren't a brush busting rain gear by any stretch but they'll keep you dry. If money is no factor id consider the Sitka Dewpoint.
The 118's are discounted as well, when or why would you pick one over the other, the 118 vs 97?

K_pem

WKR
The 97 is far warmer than the 118, and lighter. You won’t be wearing a base when it’s hot or during higher output, only early morning or nights in camp, maybe glassing you’d toss them on.

Im just a big fan of the 97 warmth:weight