New Mexico unit 32/33 archery

Hi guys I Drew and archery antelope tag for unit 32/33 and I have never been in this area before. Just trying to get some general information about these units before I get a chance to do some Google earth scouting and hopefully a drive out to the area to get some boots on the ground. I would appreciate any info anyone has with any experience in this area. Thanks and best wishes to everyone on this upcoming season.

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys I Drew and archery antelope tag for unit 32/33 and I have never been in this area before. Just trying to get some general information about these units before I get a chance to do some Google earth scouting and hopefully a drive out to the area to get some boots on the ground. I would appreciate any info anyone has with any experience in this area. Thanks and best wishes to everyone on this upcoming season.

Your going to be assigned to a specific ranch to hunt only, could be big, could be tiny. If its not gigantic, which it most likely isn't, scouting right before the hunt in the days they allow you to come early per the ranch owner will be more than sufficient. Google earth wont be necessary, extremely flat. They will send you a map of the ranch prior to the hunt.

OP
B
Thanks for responding. With the archery tag and no private land connection I will definitely be focusing on public land and water sources.

mike123

FNG
If you do some scouting a week or two before the hunt, you shouldn't have any issues locating some good goats! My brother and I drew the same tag last yr and had a blast spotting/stalking these goats. Get in good shape and be prepared for rattlesnakes. You are gonna run into them out there, no doubt about it.