New Mexico Unit 45 Bear

Does anyone have any information about Bear in Unit 45. I’m planning to hunt the unit for early season bear. I was going to backpack in from the Pecos side and was curious about areas to look for them. Will they be in higher cooler areas where I can glass them or lower in the brush looking for berries, acorns, etc? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

dtrkyman

WKR
I see them around acorns regularly! Maybe some rose hips can be good too? Huge burn in that area in 2015 I think it was, tons of oak brush!

RunNGun

FNG
Does anyone have any information about Bear in Unit 45. I’m planning to hunt the unit for early season bear. I was going to backpack in from the Pecos side and was curious about areas to look for them. Will they be in higher cooler areas where I can glass them or lower in the brush looking for berries, acorns, etc? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I would focus on acorn stands which are thickest from 8000-9000 ft on relatively open slopes. Berries can be productive late summer and early fall but are not a guarantee in this area every year. I've seen bears in the higher elevation burn areas if berries are growing there but otherwise they'll typically be lower.