New Mexico Unit 45 Muzz

Pretty generic spots in unit 45 Dave. Shootakill, I was there muzz a few years ago, saw some nice bulls (300 inch plus a little) but didn’t connect. Better pm me and I will try to help.
Pretty generic spots in unit 45 Dave. Shootakill, I was there muzz a few years ago, saw some nice bulls (300 inch plus a little) but didn’t connect. Better pm me and I will try to help.

Hey give me a ring 8016159350 Im very interested in talking about your experience.

Hey cornbore id be more than interested to hear from you. Shoot me a text and so we can get into touch. 8016159350.

Yodi

FNG
Congrats, I helped a friend on this hunt a few years ago and we killed a bull about 7 miles in. Weather was cold and crisp at night and made it nice for taking our time packing it out. That being said the pack out is hell. I have a few spots to help you if you want to PM me. Alone in the wilderness is awesome but overwhelming when it comes to packing out a bull elk on your back. I would start recruiting a buddy or two now.
Congrats, I helped a friend on this hunt a few years ago and we killed a bull about 7 miles in. Weather was cold and crisp at night and made it nice for taking our time packing it out. That being said the pack out is hell. I have a few spots to help you if you want to PM me. Alone in the wilderness is awesome but overwhelming when it comes to packing out a bull elk on your back. I would start recruiting a buddy or two now.

I drew an archery elk tag for Unit 45 this year! Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.

I spent a lot of time in that unit last year.. although I was unsuccessful in my deer hunt, here are some takeaways.

Get away from the roads. 90% of the hunters in this unit are near roads, and you’ll see very few deer. I think the packing in method will serve you well

Train for elevation. The big animals like to hang out up high, and it’s rough on your lungs.

Carry a sidearm. I saw a bear and mountain lion up there last year, so be careful.

Frank

P.S it’s some of the prettiest country I’ve ever seen. Enjoy!
How did this turn out for the OP?

dony

FNG
I spent a lot of time in that unit last year.. although I was unsuccessful in my deer hunt, here are some takeaways.

Get away from the roads. 90% of the hunters in this unit are near roads, and you’ll see very few deer. I think the packing in method will serve you well

Train for elevation. The big animals like to hang out up high, and it’s rough on your lungs.

Carry a sidearm. I saw a bear and mountain lion up there last year, so be careful.

Frank

P.S it’s some of the prettiest country I’ve ever seen. Enjoy!
Were you seeing deer way up high? Most guys I've run into are saying near treeline is the play. I went in to the falls and barely saw any deer sign. What kind of food or cover did they hang out near?