New "MOUNTAIN WARRIOR" pack from Kifaru

Ran my MW on my new Duplex for the last 10 days in the BG. Although I didn't get blood on it it was a great setup. My one and only complaint if even really a complaint is the top strap. When I compress it down to daypack mode I would like to get that top strap tighter. It bottoms out. I have tried a few different ways of attaching the strap but still no luck. I am thinking of I cut a slot in a G hook I could go from the two loops eliminating the strap and just keeping the strap in my pack of needed. I have used the crap out of the strap so I want to keep it around but would like a solid daypack option. I basically use the outside pocket as a backpack when everything else is compressed down.

I like this Mountain Warrior but I ended up running my EMR-II for elk season again. I just think it's the bomb when it comes to all around versatility, compressibility, and expandability.

I see your point about the top strap. It can be annoying. Now I can't decide whether to part with one of my packs or keep them all around.

Nuke Man

WKR
I run my strap back through the grab handle and then over to the buckle. Then it's able to tighten down without bottoming out.

trk3263

WKR
Cool thanks I will try that. I had it attached to the actual handle there but never routed it like that. Thanks for the tip.

yardwork

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for resurrecting this thread guys. I have a wolf gray MW on order and I'm super excited. I've been wondering how I'll attach my treestand to the bag when I get it. Rereading the thread to amp up my excitement, I stumbled upon the K-clip compression straps discussion.. bingo! Completely missed them when the thread was around earlier this year. I called and had some of the straps added to my order, Keith said my ship date is next week.. woo hoo!

mddat

FNG
Has anyone run the medium or large side pockets with the mountain warrior fairly compressed for there spotter and tripod, wondering if this will work instead of using the back pocket