New muzzleloader advice

I have probably a 12 year old cva optima elite. I want to upgrade and build a CO legal muzeloader to use back home for whitetails also. Had great success with the old cva. Looking at maybe getting a cva optima lr or even going all out to knight ultralite. Just don't know if it is worth the cost. Going to shoot blackhorn 209 with thor bullets. Open to suggestions would like to be budget friendly and not drop 1000 on a muzzleloader.

I'm in the same boat as you except I'm thinking about selling my CVA Apex smokeless 45Cal muzzleloader. It looks like we have some very good options but pinning it down to just one is not easy.

weaver

WKR
If you go with an optima mine shot much better with fury bullets than Thor.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

pk_

WKR
Check out Woodman Arms if you decide you want to get something spendy. If I end up dropping coin on a new Muzz that is what I would buy for sure.

Fitzwho

WKR
4” barrel length on the LR-X is the only thing you really gain. Gives you a longer sight radius. If one of them actually have the 1:22” barrel twist that’s the way I will go if I don’t pick up the Paramount Colorado version.

Had a cva accura v2. Couldn't shoot more than 2 shots accurately without cleaning the breach plug. Fouled up something fierce. Kept a second plug in my bag just in case. Sold it after the season and went in a different direction.

rclouse79

WKR
I have an Idaho legal cva optima and it seems to rust super easy. I have tried four different bullets and have yet to find a combination that shoots groups I am super excited about. I am going to do some more work with it this summer to see if I can find a good bullet powder combo. If I were to start over from scratch I would probably give knight a try.

Loonman19

FNG
Check out Woodman Arms if you decide you want to get something spendy. If I end up dropping coin on a new Muzz that is what I would buy for sure.

A lot of the guys up here in Maine and NH are running these, they built it off a Remington 7600 if I remember correctly