new muzzleloader purhcase

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
im going to purchase a new muzzleloader. I moved to a new state where there is a pretty decent season to hunt with an inline. IM looking to stay under 1000 for the gun. So far i've looked at a cva accura and a tc bone collector triumph. More information with the areas i hunt all shots will be under 150 yards. This rifle will also have a scope on it. no need for the western packages.

The accura is a great rifle.

You should also take a look at the paramount. Can be found for under $1000 and very accurate

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
The accura is a great rifle.

You should also take a look at the paramount. Can be found for under $1000 and very accurate

i was looking at the paramount. im just wondering is there a need if not shooting over 150?

Lytro

WKR
Does your $1,000 budget include optic? Any inline muzzleloader will be more than capable of shooting 150 yards very accurately with the correct powder/bullet combo.

If you're talking $1,000 for everything, I would literally buy anything with a nitride coating and spend most of your budget on the scope. The accura would be a good choice though.

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
Does your $1,000 budget include optic? Any inline muzzleloader will be more than capable of shooting 150 yards very accurately with the correct powder/bullet combo.

If you're talking $1,000 for everything, I would literally buy anything with a nitride coating and spend most of your budget on the scope. The accura would be a good choice though.
yes i wanted it to include the optics unless i really need to extend the budget

Lytro

WKR
yes i wanted it to include the optics unless i really need to extend the budget
I think your budget is more than enough to meet your needs. I killed a muley buck in SD this past December with a CVA Optima V2 and a Vortex Crossfire single power scope from 167 yards. I have maybe $500 in that set up, but would've spent more on the scope if magnified optics were legal in SD.

another question is there any benefit to 45 vs 50 caliber?
The biggest benefit I've seen is that 45 has more velocity generally and is more accurate at distance. Only shooting 150 yards, the differences aren't that great in my opinion

Better start checking on powder and primer availability before you purchase a rifle. I’m in the same situation on buying a new ML and I’m gonna collect supplies before I purchase a rifle. So far it’s been very difficult to find powder (BH 209) and primers.

MRC

FNG
I have an Accura V2 on backorder from muzzleloaders.com since Jan.1st. I called yesterday and he said there is no word on when it will be available.He said it may be possible it is being discontinued.