New Mystery Ranch Metcalf

Bazookas

FNG
Figured I would start a thread to get people's thoughts on the new MR Metcalf. I am aware of another thread based on the pre released full catalog but thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to thoughts and feedback on the actual pack from anyone not affiliated that has gotten their hands on it. I am not a huge fan of the previous lid design, so I am hoping that was improved but haven't seen one in person yet.

Jcurti4

FNG
Figured I would start a thread to get people's thoughts on the new MR Metcalf. I am aware of another thread based on the pre released full catalog but thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to thoughts and feedback on the actual pack from anyone not affiliated that has gotten their hands on it. I am not a huge fan of the previous lid design, so I am hoping that was improved but haven't seen one in person yet.
Bumping this post because I’m curious too

I’d like to see one in the wild. Interested in the frame tweaks more than the packs TBH. Pretty happy with my current MR pack line up that includes a pintler and a terraplane 80. I would like to see how they changed the frame and if it is backward compatible.

Trial153

WKR
The Metcalf is a classic. Between that and my old dragon slayer I packed out more game with those two then all my other packs combined.
Sad to say I don’t have either. I still do have Pinter that sees some use on short hunts but I really should move it.
I am interested in the new Metcalf bag and the frame…partly for nostalgia and partly because MR has done so well for me in the past. Looking forward to seeing it and the specs

tony

WKR
Looks like the big issues I’ve read were addressed
The hip belt and load shelf

OP
B

Bazookas

FNG
I think the new hipbelt looks great.
I am wondering if its compatible with the old frame and if they would sell it separate? I don't see a lot of updates to the pack itself that would make me want to throw my old one out just for the hip belt.

nest

FNG
I have the two previous models of metcalf (guide lite and guide lite MT frames.) The new metcalf looks like it might be a nice upgrade, belt and role top pack. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I snagged one and am pleased with the layout. So far, it has only seen treadmill duty with weights strapped into the loadshelf but it carries really well. The hipbelt is really comfortable and it is noticeable how the shelf keeps the weighted load higher on the pack. Not much of a way for me to put it to a real test here in GA before hunting season rolls around though.

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
I snagged one and am pleased with the layout. So far, it has only seen treadmill duty with weights strapped into the loadshelf but it carries really well. The hipbelt is really comfortable and it is noticeable how the shelf keeps the weighted load higher on the pack. Not much of a way for me to put it to a real test here in GA before hunting season rolls around though.
What size did you get? Just out of curiosity

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
What size did you get? Just out of curiosity
I got the 50... past injuries limit my ability to haul truly heavy loads so I stayed on the smaller side. I have been using a popup 38 and wanted a bit more space and load control.