New Mystery Ranch Packs?

Matt G.

WKR
wish they would redesign the GL belt so I could just replace that vs frame and pack. I was hoping when I bought the marshall last year I would be done wanting to upgrade for a while

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd bet that they will sell just the frame next year

Also, been doing some more looking, and looks like they are using the same buckles on the pop up 28 and 18, so as far as durability, anyone with access to either of those could get a hand on the buckles.

Trial153

WKR
I am taking a wait see with this. I need, ok want another pack a little bigger then my Metcalf. The beartooth looks great however the weight is a deal breaker ...I mean its pushing 7 freaking pounds.
I think I have to go in a different direction at this point.

Trial.... seriously migrate over to the mountain portion of MR and glance at the terraframe. 6lbs and 4800cuin. As near as I can tell it's almost identical to the glmt frame and I like you dont need to disassemble the load lifters to separate the bag. Its growing on me big time as there's not much I couldn't do with 4800cui

JD619er

WKR
7 lbs is "heavy" compared to ultralight companys. But the bear tooth can we ran without the lid so you could lose a pound there if you want

Trial.... seriously migrate over to the mountain portion of MR and glance at the terraframe. 6lbs and 4800cuin. As near as I can tell it's almost identical to the glmt frame and I like you dont need to disassemble the load lifters to separate the bag. Its growing on me big time as there's not much I couldn't do with 4800cui

I'm thinking the same thing but still have trouble deciding and pulling the trigger on one my gut feels like I should stick with the hunting line but the terraframe is the smarter way to go I think.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are the new buckles the same as on the pop ups? My 28 has some whacky new buckles.
I also tried to figure out who made the buckles for mystery ranch that they used on the popup but have had an epic fail so far. Could really use an extra set

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

When I talked with MR customer service, they made it seem like they would have plenty buckles on hand to "warranty" out old bags. I believe they are SJ autolocks as far as brand, but have struck out on finding them through another source

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I talked with MR customer service, they made it seem like they would have plenty buckles on hand to "warranty" out old bags. I believe they are SJ autolocks as far as brand, but have struck out on finding them through another source
Thanks duraflex sj lite buckle is what they definitely are but I still couldn't find any for sale.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Are the new buckles the same as on the pop ups? My 28 has some whacky new buckles.

I emailed MR to ask about this. They got back to me pretty fast. Looks like new frame and pop ups use different buckles and are not compatible designs.

Update for Case 50517 - "Customer Service Inquiry"
Thanks for reaching out to Mystery Ranch! The buckles are different on each of these packs. Additionally, the Pop Up packs would not be compatible with the Guide Light MT Frame even if they did have the same buckles.