New Mystery Ranch Packs?

MaxStatic

FNG
Looks like they made some mods to the frame as well, specifically the belt is where I see changes. Interesting.

Spoonage

FNG
I must have missed that too... And I thought I was ready to buy a pack... Back to the drawing board...

Cool. Beartooth looks like a nice mid point between a Metcalf and a marshal.

I am a bit more interested in the new frame. Looks like it has molle loops on the belt and it sounds like the meat shelf access is a bit better. It mentions some new hardware. One of the things I like about MR is they are backward compatible. Hope the new frame works with old bags and vice versa. I am sure they will put out some YouTube videos soon.

Trial153

WKR
I am not sure what holes in the line up these fill. I have a pintler and Metcalf and I cant see these replacing either.
The one thing I wanted to see from MR was an option that knocked a couple pounds off and this isnt it thats for sure.

I’d have thought a popup treehouse would’ve been an absolute no brainer and an easy 50 meter target- and that further expansion of the popup line to include a 3zip bag 1/2 to 1 liter larger than the 2800, and bag only options would be a pretty damn good way to $$$ell a bunch of packs.

But the new guidleight belt probably was a good call. I like the guidlight belt but this looks like a hybrid of the nice and the popup and at a glance it seems preferable. Especially if they brought back molle/pals.

Surely there’s more to drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure what holes in the line up these fill. I have a pintler and Metcalf and I cant see these replacing either.
The one thing I wanted to see from MR was an option that knocked a couple pounds off and this isnt it thats for sure.

Yeah, as far as bag designs go, these don't get me excited.

Can you use this new frame with the older configured bags like the 6500 and 7500 that used the NICE frame?
I can't say for sure but would guess so. They were cross compatible with the GL frame and if the only changes to the GLMT frame is the belt it should work....

I can't say for sure but would guess so. They were cross compatible with the GL frame and if the only changes to the GLMT frame is the belt it should work....

But the new ones appear to be using a different buckle?

I guess someone will have to buy one in the name of science and find out.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
I’m glad they changed the waist belt. That goofy double adjustment system was pointless

The new packs will still utilize the Redirect waistbelt, which is a slick way to easily adjust your belt with a simple forward pull with both hands vs. "one then the other" strap adjustment requiring a backwards pulling motion. (If that is what you are referencing with the 'double adjustment system').

Love that beartooth. I was not a fan of a couple of things about the metcalf...particularly the access. i like this pack.

- - - Updated - - -

But the new ones appear to be using a different buckle?

I guess someone will have to buy one in the name of science and find out.
i would have ordered one today but their site says "out of stock"

The new packs will still utilize the Redirect waistbelt, which is a slick way to easily adjust your belt with a simple forward pull with both hands vs. "one then the other" strap adjustment requiring a backwards pulling motion. (If that is what you are referencing with the 'double adjustment system').

The waist belt on the current Pintlers, Metcalfs, etc have an adjustment where the strap connects into the waistbelt (near the back) in addition to the redirect feature. I think you are supposed to set the belt "roughly" with the back adjustment and then use the redirect when you actually put the pack on and tighten things up. However it makes using the attachable pockets (or bear spray or GPS cases) a pain in the butt because the weight of something on the strap pulls the belt back through and it ends up getting twisted up. Not a big deal, but one of those annoying things that seems to serve little purpose, so I'm glad they refined it.

The new belt looks a lot like the old NICE frame belt. I would like to try out the new one since I was not a fan of the NICE belt. The GL belt on the other hand was very comfy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
I like the luggage-y zipper - a lot. Partial open anywhere along the perimeter, or flop the whole thing open. I have the Selway and won't upgrade or side-grade but like the new bag features.

Overall, we're spoiled rotten with all the backpack options from Kifaru, MR, Stone Glacier and the tons of others I haven't listed!

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
I'm really excited about this pack. I was going to get an EXO 3500 but due to finances decided to get a MR Pintler instead to hold me over for the next 5+ years. This new Sawtooth 45 looks to have even a few more features I like better than the Pintler. Can't wait to put my hands on one and see it in person.

22jdubs

FNG
Love that beartooth. I was not a fan of a couple of things about the metcalf...particularly the access. i like this pack.

- - - Updated - - -

i would have ordered one today but their site says "out of stock"

Exactly, this seems like a metcalf with better access and fewer straps. I like the look of this a lot.