New Nock On Release - Back Strap

Bearsears

WKR
One month on for me. I havent been counting shots but I've been shooting alot. No issues so far. I replaced the boa strap because the clicker sits right on my wrist bone and hurts when drawing. I went with this one because I didn't even know about the other option when I ordered.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dyllanmurray

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone wants to try this release out, let me know. I'm selling mine for 200.. could work out a deal.

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had mine for a few months. really like it. not sure if ill hunt with it set in back tension mode but I think its really helping me with my trigger punch. The first 10 shots really expose how much I wanted that shot to GO! lol

dacd4134

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting with this release for a couple months now. I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but mine has an issue with consistent release in back tension mode. I can shoot a set of arrows and one will go off immediately when I pull the trigger, and then the next one will be so hard to get to release it moves me off the target.

I guess I need to reach out to Nock-On because currently it is just a really expensive trigger release... :(

anyone have any good experience with this release? It sounds like a nice concept with some bugs to work out. I'm also considering the TRU Ball X-tension, but haven't found much in terms of feedback on that release.

Having a nice Montana non res Archery tag in my name and having never harvested an elk before...I am in a jam. I've developed pretty back carpal tunnel/tennis elbow from shooting. Pretty debilitating. I JUST picked up my new 2021 bow. I have shot a 3 finger Tru Ball Sweet Spot 2 for YEARS. I can't really live w out it. I've shot a 3 finger for over a decade to get away from buckle/trigger target panic.

Wondering if this type of release aid may just be the best all around option to get me into this season? I am thinking the drawing 70+ pounds with my curved finger tips is the culprit to forearm tendon inflammation. Also thinking if maybe I could draw with an open hand and pulling with as close to 100% back muscles.....I may circumvent some issues?

I see reliability seems to be a problem, but I think I am willing to gamble for the juice seems worth the squeeze.

Any updates and opinions on an older thread.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Having a nice Montana non res Archery tag in my name and having never harvested an elk before...I am in a jam. I've developed pretty back carpal tunnel/tennis elbow from shooting. Pretty debilitating. I JUST picked up my new 2021 bow. I have shot a 3 finger Tru Ball Sweet Spot 2 for YEARS. I can't really live w out it. I've shot a 3 finger for over a decade to get away from buckle/trigger target panic.

Wondering if this type of release aid may just be the best all around option to get me into this season? I am thinking the drawing 70+ pounds with my curved finger tips is the culprit to forearm tendon inflammation. Also thinking if maybe I could draw with an open hand and pulling with as close to 100% back muscles.....I may circumvent some issues?

I see reliability seems to be a problem, but I think I am willing to gamble for the juice seems worth the squeeze.

Any updates and opinions on an older thread.
I don’t think this what you’re looking for mine takes a fair amount of back tension to release. I prefer my Like Mike 2 over this as I won’t be shooting tension style at a whitetail. I wouldn’t recommend this release for hunting unless you were very experienced with the original back strap that Carter made, just my 2 cents.

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
I don’t think this what you’re looking for mine takes a fair amount of back tension to release. I prefer my Like Mike 2 over this as I won’t be shooting tension style at a whitetail. I wouldn’t recommend this release for hunting unless you were very experienced with the original back strap that Carter made, just my 2 cents.
The tension has a huge range of adjustability. I've had mine set so that it barely takes any tension to go off all the way up to needing to put so much tension on it was hard to go off. I think you could totally use it for hunting.

I'm going to use my regular trigger for this season but that's a mental/confidence thing, not because of issues with the release.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
I've been shooting with this release for a couple months now. I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but mine has an issue with consistent release in back tension mode. I can shoot a set of arrows and one will go off immediately when I pull the trigger, and then the next one will be so hard to get to release it moves me off the target.

I guess I need to reach out to Nock-On because currently it is just a really expensive trigger release... :(
I doubt this is the release. I don't own one, but I do own a Sweet Spot Pro. It has lights that connect to the sight housing that sense how hard you are pulling. Usually when a tension release doesn't go off it's due to overaiming, and not committing to your shot routine. I wish everyone could own one of these but they are 350 dollars, so hopefully you'll just take my word for it.

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
The tension has a huge range of adjustability. I've had mine set so that it barely takes any tension to go off all the way up to needing to put so much tension on it was hard to go off. I think you could totally use it for hunting.

I'm going to use my regular trigger for this season but that's a mental/confidence thing, not because of issues with the release.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The adjustment on mine has been finicky, I wouldn't us it for hunting but it has been a big help in cleaning up my form.

mm509

FNG
I tried one. Background: I have ran the "short and sweet", Nock On Nock 2 it, Scott Backspin now the Back Strap. I am definitely an archery newbie, and was primarily using it for shoulder surgery rehabilitation.

My conclusion; I am definitely not smart enough to use the back strap! Way too many things for me to be thinking about at the same time to use it. I also found that I will punch of the ever loving shit out of a trigger if I pull it and nothing happens!!

I am going to continue using it, as I think it will definitely improve my archery shooting, but I think I will continue using the Nock 2 It as my primary for a while.

Reactions: Zac