New Office/Reloading Room Ideas - Layout

Mfritts

FNG
Finally moved the family to San Antonio, TX and we are now in process of closing on a home. Good news, I will have a designated office in which to work (unfortunately) but also to use as the "gun room". The catch is, it has glass French doors and the wife says it must look "nice" and "presentable" and some other words, because its the first room when you walk in the door. So the question, What are some "presentable looking" reloading bench ideas? Can kitchen cabinets hold up with a butcher block top? Anyone use an "industrial black pipe" and wood top approach? essentially want storage and bench that can match a standing desk, or any other desk really, that will allow it to all flow together and look like it belongs inside and not like my old set-up behind the garage. Any pics or ideas?

Study Room Screen Grab.jpg

OP
M

Mfritts

FNG
That looks like a perfect idea. I’m newer to reloading so that’s the kind of info I’m looking for! Also why i was thinking enclosed cabinets for concealment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
Inline Fabrication stuff is great. Helps keep the bench organized.

Check out the show off your reloading bench thread for some possible ideas others have done.

OP
M

Mfritts

FNG
Thanks for the link, will definitely check out the pic thread for ideas

tdot

WKR
Have you considered painting the backside of the glass? Or replace the doors? That may give you a little more design and ongoing upkeep flexibility.

OP
M

Mfritts

FNG
Have you considered painting the backside of the glass? Or replace the doors? That may give you a little more design and ongoing upkeep flexibility.

That one might be harder to get past the wife, but not a bad idea. Maybe frosted glass?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
That one might be harder to get past the wife, but not a bad idea. Maybe frosted glass?

Might be able to get the glass mirror tinted similar to how auto windows are tinted with an applied film. It could then be removed if you decide to go another direction later.

Rabbitgoo makes a window film you apply yourself. Think they have a couple styles I used one that looks like this. You can't see though it in either direction though.
8215c363f4eacfa7d0cb4de6f0d3545d.jpg

Last edited:

tdot

WKR

Frosted, mirrored, tinted are all good options.

The reverse painted glass can look pretty awesome. Spray paint your office side of the glass and then on the Front Entrance side it'll look awesome. We used the process on a number of kitchen backsplashes and the owners all loved them. Tape off and protect your entire door, only exposed 1 or 2 windows at a time. Spray them, allow to cure, protect, repeat.

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Inline quick change for a Single stage and a Dillon. One base for both. They can be discreet, just need a place to store the presses out of sight like one of the door walls when not in use. There's "storage" racks to hang em on. I think they're great for the purpose and they're solid when on the base plate.

I would say that you need to keep the room from observation if it is going to be a reloading room. You dont want people and or kids milling about in your office or reloading room. I saw suggestions above about painting the doors so they cant be seen through. I have my gear in the basement. No one but my family goes in the basement. Maybe if you cant modify the room, you could have a quick release setup where you can setup and breakdown like mentioned above. I would say the gear should be stored in a closet if not a lockable one.

OP
M

Mfritts

FNG
What’s funny is I have the exact same craftsman bench. It was my dads before he passed and I have kept it sense. Handy little table.

Reactions: dla