New old guy from PA

Coat4gun

FNG
Hey all, I stumbled on this forum while researching Tipi tents and am liking the wealth of info on here. I'm from SE PA and have been hunting Whitetails since the '70s. Lived in Montrose CO for much of the '80s until lack of work and a broken ankle sent me back east again. I still miss having elk meat in the freezer. I look forward to getting to know some of you, even if just virtually.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
Coat4gun

Coat4gun

FNG
Thanks Musky, My youngest son almost caught a very large musky at a lake in southern Wisconsin at a family reunion about 10 years ago. The fish seemed like it was half the length of our 21' bass boat, obviously an exaggeration but guessing it was approaching 48". He was using a topwater lure and the fish hit it hard out of nowhere. No steel leader and it tore the 20lb line with one jerk of its head. My BIL cast again and it followed but wouldn't take the bait. Very exciting few seconds.

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Musky, My youngest son almost caught a very large musky at a lake in southern Wisconsin at a family reunion about 10 years ago. The fish seemed like it was half the length of our 21' bass boat, obviously an exaggeration but guessing it was approaching 48". He was using a topwater lure and the fish hit it hard out of nowhere. No steel leader and it tore the 20lb line with one jerk of its head. My BIL cast again and it followed but wouldn't take the bait. Very exciting few seconds.
They can certainly be very frustrating and an expensive hobby, just like most of the topics on this forum!