New open sight peep option

joelbiltz

WKR
I just got this email today from Muzzleloaders.com

I am in the process of tweaking my Remington 700 UML for Colorado legal and these sights might just be the ticket. I ordered up a set and will report as soon as I get them in hand.65A6F4DA-7434-4E21-9AE5-96EF44D74D92.png1002177A-E8AD-4DA9-90BC-17B8FB90A89A.png

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Who'll be the first to see if they actually got the sight alignment right? Lol. That was the annoyance with their CVA rear peep they sell that doesn't work with the stock front sight and they didn't offer an alternative front sight with it (that I know of anyways).

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
S

Thanks for sharing! Will be curious how it feels (durability) and what that BDC reticle works out to be.

I read that the crosshair is supposed to be regulated with a 250 gr projectile and 110 BH 209
first crosshair 100 yards, second crosshair at 175, and the base of the post where the crosshair gets thinner 200 yards

If this thing screws down to where the front sight is mounted now (and it appears that's the idea) then it should be pretty sturdy. One of the things that's kept me from trying a regular globe sight is that you'd need to put down a dovetail base first, then add the globe sight, and IMO that's one part too many. So this would eliminate the need for the base, which is awesome.

Now, I'm not sure it's $90 awesome for someone who already owns the rear aperture, but who knows?

Yeah, I got the same email today form ML.com. Wondering if the front sight would fit a CVA Accura V2? I already have the Ace in the Hole rear sight so hoping I can purchase this new Williams front sight only for a complete setup.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If this thing screws down to where the front sight is mounted now (and it appears that's the idea) then it should be pretty sturdy. One of the things that's kept me from trying a regular globe sight is that you'd need to put down a dovetail base first, then add the globe sight, and IMO that's one part too many. So this would eliminate the need for the base, which is awesome.

Now, I'm not sure it's $90 awesome for someone who already owns the rear aperture, but who knows?

I peened the dovetail slot on mine and the globe to dovetail is tight connection now that doesn't concern me. The dovetail to gun single screw would be the weak link but that doesn't go away with this product either in my mind. But certainly solves the supply issues that dovetail has at times.

flagman

FNG
I’ve been using the Lyman 93 front Globe with crosshair insert and a custom rear peep from Sako, but I would have done this if it was available, flagman

Yea, the single screw is still questionable with the added height and torque this sight could place on it, but it is nice to have options.

Where I worry about a front sight like this is pulling the gun in/out of cases or packs or scabbards, and going through heavy brush. A fiber optic on a ramp will generally slide through all those things a lot easier.

flagman

FNG
Yep, I would bed with jb weld and loctite the screw and probably not be pulling it out of scabbard unless it had some protection. I’ve used mine for years in brush, and I keep a spare insert just in space....

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looks to me like its mounted on rear of barrel ,not using front sight. then one replaces front sight. good about time .

Last edited:

DSY_WA

FNG
Really curious for a review on this one, that's a really sweet idea. Would love to run on here in WA.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I got the same email today form ML.com. Wondering if the front sight would fit a CVA Accura V2? I already have the Ace in the Hole rear sight so hoping I can purchase this new Williams front sight only for a complete setup.
I have this set up on my cva v2 Lr. Golden. Took some lock tight for front site since LR is not tapped

Fitzwho

WKR
Me and that Paramount Pro Colorado version might be good best friends when it comes out... Anybody want a Traditions Vortek LR Strikerfire NW Magnum?

Wait, MSRP of $1700. Going to have to sell more than that.

The reason I have not used the front insert crosshairs in the past is because I don't see them well in low light. I just have to guess where it is. But a couple of these with the heavy post up close to the center might work OK. Let us know how they work for you and especially in low light. The one I wonder if it might work is in the lower left on the picture where they show all of them. But for $100 I think I will let you guys experiment with them first. :)

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Just got shipping notification yesterday. Should have in the next day or two then I’ll get some first impressions and photos up.