New open sight peep option

cgasner1

WKR
Wish they would had this out last year before I had my smith mill one down and make my globe like that was a huge ordeal but man I love the set up 4 of us set guns up like that last year he made some good money on it one only had one screw hole the rest of us had 2 and they all worked great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
I like it, just wish it was better quality. I know the Williams stuff I bought in the past will keep me from buying from them again in the future.

No one has commented on what they think in low light. In the past I had tried the fine crosshairs and I couldn’t a see them in low light.

My cousin installed one of these on his CVA. He shot 1-1.5 MOA groups with it at 100 yards. He said it’s way better for accuracy than what he was using. I’ll ask him how the sight picture looks in low light.

FLS

WKR
I’ve installed the set on a 700 ML, Not UML. With my 50 yo eyes, the crosshair insert is useless in low light. A single thicker post was better, but I’ll probably ditch the front globe and use a FO front sight.

rclouse79

WKR
Has anyone ever seen a neon ring taped or pained around the inside surface of the front globe, similar to what is on most archery sights? I did a quick search and couldn’t turn anything up. Seems like it would aid in centering the front globe the same way every time.

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone ever seen a neon ring taped or pained around the inside surface of the front globe, similar to what is on most archery sights? I did a quick search and couldn’t turn anything up. Seems like it would aid in centering the front globe the same way every time.

The problem is inside the Globe itself, The 17 Series Globes are a Narrow DARK Tunnel, They measure under a 1/2 inch in Width and nearly 1 inch in length, In low light they Plain SUCK, Adding a Bright neon type ring around the Front of the Globe would no doubt help in Acquiring it Quickly, But is gonna do nothing in helping you see through the Tiny, Narrow Dark Tunnel

For Hunting, A 20 Series Globe would be MUCH MUCH Better in my Opinion, Like these Shaver’s P-H Series

Or Lymans 20 MJT with Shaver inserts

rclouse79

WKR
The problem is inside the Globe itself, The 17 Series Globes are a Narrow DARK Tunnel, They measure under a 1/2 inch in Width and nearly 1 inch in length, In low light they Plain SUCK, Adding a Bright neon type ring around the Front of the Globe would no doubt help in Acquiring it Quickly, But is gonna do nothing in helping you see through the Tiny, Narrow Dark Tunnel

For Hunting, A 20 Series Globe would be MUCH MUCH Better in my Opinion, Like these Shaver’s P-H Series

Or Lymans 20 MJT with Shaver inserts
Do you know if there are neon rings you can buy, or would you have to paint your own? What would you think about drilling some holes in the body of it to let more light in?

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Do you know if there are neon rings you can buy, or would you have to paint your own? What would you think about drilling some holes in the body of it to let more light in?

I don’t know of any neon rings you can buy? It wouldn’t be that difficult to make Something.

As for Drilling holes in the Top of the Globe to let light in, That would probably Help Some, But you are Also trying to Protect these Tiny BPCR Inserts (if that’s what you are using?) The more openings in the Globe, the Better the Chance of a Stick Etc. Entering and Damaging the fine insert.

These Globe Front sights are a Catch 22 Deal, There is NOTHING better for Targets, and Hunting in Good lighting, But there is also nothing Worse (that i can think of?) For Low light hunting, At first light, and Dusk, Which are usually the Best times to be out there. I shoot the Globes SO WELL, that i trade off the Low light Hours, for Better lighting. I Have to give up a 1/2 Hour to 45 Minutes of PRIME TIME at Both ends of the Day. Then there is Dark Timber, No matter what time of the Day it can Be tough to See through a 17 Series Globe front Sight

Again, I believe the Larger 20 Series Front Globe Sight would be the BEST Option for Hunting. The 17 Series is Really designed around Target use in Good lighting.