New orleans food recommendations

Squincher

WKR
I don't really have anything specific to recommend, but you can pretty much follow your nose to something good in NO.

Ryan47

FNG
Nothing specific, but I would recommend stretching your legs and check out the Garden District. Lots of great food and history. I enjoyed walking around the old cemeteries and food better than down in the French Dist....not quite so touristy.

A trip just in the quarter isn’t bad. Here’s a few more options that are a b it off the run:

- parkway tavern and bakery - lunch for poboys. 10 mins from downtown. Best in the city IMO
- Cooter browns in uptown near the zoo - great oysters and a muffuletta that compares to central grocery
- domilices - poboys - hole in the wall but top 5 for sandwiches in the city
- Pascals Manale - best oysters in uptown and food that is to die for
- Crepe Nanou - fancy French food without having to wear a tie. Good cocktails
- slim goodies - breakfast of champions and the hung over
- cochon - food will make you want to move to nola
- peche - seafood is $$$ but worth it. Go for lunch and get some oysters
- Gumbo shop - easy to like place in the quarter For lunch or early dinner

Check out a podcast called beyond bourbon street. Mark has some great episodes on what to do and where to eat in his back catalogue.

I have a feeling im going to gain a few pounds!
Looking forward to some different food.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but between leaving here and driving to whichever state Im hunting in September, I literally can drop down a size in pants when I arrive. Must be the humidity that swells me up, but its absolutely true. I brought a size down pair of prana zions from what I normally wear last year, and wore them the entire hunt.